Friday, January 12, 2018

37 Days – Let Go of Your Plans


Pastor Randy’s devotional:
“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. I will be found by you,” says the Lord.
- Jeremiah 29:11-14

January 12th Prayer:
Israel was in captivity in Babylon when this prophecy was given. They felt forgotten, abandoned, and as though all the promises of God they once believed were gone due to their sin and disobedience. And they thought they knew what God thought about them. His “thoughts” must not be good towards them because their current circumstances were so bad. This is why God says, “I know my thoughts. They are not what you think. My thoughts and plans for you are good. I’ve not forgotten you.”

Father, I approach You today to offer all my plans to You. I have carried so many hopes, plans and dreams that I thought were Yours. I’ve been disappointed, discouraged, and even some times offended with You that my dreams have not become a reality. Today I want to release all of my plans to You. I know that “You know the plans You have for me.” I want those plans for my life as well. I can’t help but dream for many things— and I don’t always know what parts of these are in sync with Your plans. But I trust You. I open to Your voice and guidance. Let Your will and plans be done. I surrender this area of my life . . . in Jesus’ name!


My thoughts:
‘Does God love me?”
“If God knew what I have done, there is no way He could love me.”

How many people have you heard say something of this nature?  It is so common for people to eliminate themselves from God’s grace and blessing because of their past actions.  Repeat sinful actions, turning away from God, anger with God, painful experiences in life – these are all things that will cause individuals to discount their place in God’s kingdom and plans.  We all believe that we can know the thoughts of the Lord, and know His ways.  This is impossible, for He is not of this world and our mind is so infinitely small, His glory and ways are incomprehensible for us.  What these folks need to understand is that God is a God of love, an eternal love that cannot be diminished, be eliminated or withdrawn. 

God has provided eternal salvation for all mankind.  As Pastor Randy has educated so many of us the Hebrew interpretation of the word “all” is ….. (wait for it) ALL.  Yes, even you.  You see, when Jesus Christ carried that cross through the stone streets of Jerusalem, he wasn’t choosing which people of all time He would be dying for.  He was fulfilling God’s plan of salvation through one sacrificial act.  His blood was shed, just like the sacrificial lambs in the historical Jewish customs, for the forgiveness of sin.  He was crucified and died on that hill so that mankind’s sins would be atoned for.  He was buried and rose again, so we could become the redeemer for all of mankind from that day forward.  Today, He is alive and seated next to the right hand of God, appealing on your behalf for every sinful act you have lived through.  It is not a game of scale, because if His blood sacrifice is not sufficient for one sin (regardless of how heinous) it is not sufficient for any of our sins, regardless of how small.

So, what have you done that disqualifies you?  Do you really believe that God has turned His back on you and no longer wants you in His eternal kingdom?  Please take a deep breath and pray on this.  I am here tonight to tell you, God has not turned from you, and His love is no different today than it was the day you born.  You are His child and He cannot love you more, nor can He love you less than He did on that day.  You see God’s love is immutable, never changing.  His demands are high (as we discussed yesterday) and He wants for you to love and worship Him.  The one requirement is to believe in His son – Jesus Christ – as your personal Savior and Lord, repent of your sinful actions and turn to follow Him.  Your eternal peace is within your reach, just grab the Father’s hand. 

Be Blessed,
Rich
 
Join us on Facebook @ 10 Minute Reader Daily Thoughts or on Twitter @Sondove
If you would like to be added to the email distribution, please
send an email here.

No comments:

Post a Comment