Thursday, January 18, 2018

37 Days – Take A Step: Say “Yes”


Pastor Randy’s devotional:
The Lord gave me this message: “I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations.” “O Sovereign Lord,” I said, “I can’t speak for you! I’m too young!” The Lord replied, “Don’t say, ‘I’m too young,’ for you must go wherever I send you and say whatever I tell you. And don’t be afraid of the people, for I will be with you and will protect you. I, the Lord, have spoken!” Jeremiah 1:5-9

The gifts and callings of God are under full warranty. He will never remove your call from you. Romans 11:29

January 18th Prayer:
Heavenly Father, You have known me before I was ever born. You know why You created me and what You’ve called me to do—and who You’ve called me to be. I surrender. I want to please You and obey You. Please fulfill Your purpose for my life in my lifetime. Don’t let me die without succeeding at the call on my life. I say “yes” to Your calling . . . Your assignments on my life . . . in Jesus’ name!

My thoughts:
I’m not capable of doing what the Lord wants me to do.  I’m too young, I don’t have enough time, I can’t speak in front of people, I don’t know enough, I can’t answer questions, . . .  Have you disqualified yourself from serving the Lord?  Yeah, me too.  The good thing is God never disqualifies you, and He is extremely patient with us as we try to convince ourselves that He can use us.  If we accept the fact that God actually knew us before we were born, we would realize that He knows us better than we know ourselves.  With this principle we must learn to accept that He will call us into what He knows we are capable of, not necessarily what we are comfortable with.

At conception God created you with a purpose to serve His kingdom.  He formed you in your mother’s womb, spent 40 weeks with you one on one.  You know His voice because it was the first one you heard.  When He calls upon you to do something, why would He not be there to help you do it?  Think about it, God has given you specific gifts and talents in order to serve Him.  You are designed to do it, you have the ability to do it, you are capable.  You may not recognize it or feel comfortable with it, because you have convinced yourself that you aren’t capable; but God says you are.

Be Blessed,
Rich

Join us on Facebook @ 10 Minute Reader Daily Thoughts or on Twitter @Sondove
If you would like to be added to the email distribution, please send an email here.

No comments:

Post a Comment