Friday, January 5, 2018

37 Days – Who Are You, O Great Mountain?




Pastor Randy’s prayer:
January 5th Prayer
“This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord of hosts. Who are you, O great mountain? Before Zerubbabel you shall become a plain. And he shall bring forward the top stone (the finish to what God had called him to do) amid shouts of ‘Grace, grace to it!’” Zechariah 4:6-7

January 5
Zerubbabel had attempted to build the temple, but was faced with many discouraging obstacles and gave up on being the person to finish the job. The “mountain” was all the building materials stacked up all around—a constant reminder of his failure to accomplish what God had called him to do. He was tired and defeated because he was trying to do this great thing in his own human strength. God says to Zerubbabel and to you, “It won’t be by human effort, but by My Spirit.”
Grace is God’s divine enablement for holiness, a calling or a task. That’s why they would shout, “Grace to it!”
Father, Your vision for my life is too grand and lofty for me to finish in my own strength. I have felt like a failure at times because I thought You wanted me to do something “for” You. I now understand that You have called me to great things so that I have to depend on You. You’ve not asked me to do something “for” You, but to avail myself so You can do it through me. I surrender. Use me! Do great things in and through my life this year and I will shout “Grace…grace to it!” I face a mountain in my life today. (Name your mountain: debt, habitual bondage, health issues, relationship issues, etc.) __ ________________________________________________________________________________
This mountain shall be removed, in Jesus’ name!
My thoughts:
We have heard the saying, “with the faith of a mustard seed, you can say to that mountain move and it will move”.  Well it actually comes from the scripture found in Matthew 17:20.   What does it mean to have faith?  Is it faith to believe that God exists, or is it faith to believe in miracles, or is it faith to believe that God can do what seems impossible for man? Yes to all of the above.

Faith draws on knowing that something is without actually seeing it.  A belief in God is centered on the faith that He is the Creator of the Universe, and that Jesus Christ is indeed His Son, sent to the earth for the propitiation of our sins.  There is no physical evidence, no body in the tomb and plenty of skeptics that refuse to believe without such things.  If you have a belief in Jesus Christ, as your Savior and Lord, you are blessed with faith that is referenced in Matthew’s gospel.  When realized, this faith holds the very strength needed for taking on the challenges we face in this life. 

For you see, by declaring a faith in God you are acknowledging His omnipotence and authority over all things.  If you are like me, you have the power of the very Creator of the Universe available, yet aren’t reaching for it when you absolutely can.  His promise through Zechariah was that Zerubbabel would finish what he had started, not because of what Zerubbabel could do, but because of what God can do.  In our times of struggle, we can also reach out to God for His strength, wisdom and spirit to guide us.  His spirit is available to you, just as it was available to the Old Testament Prophets and New Testament disciples.  Understand that God has not changed, and He still seeks to act on our behalf against the forces of evil in our lives. 

Put your faith in the Lord and let Him help move your mountain.       

Be Blessed,
Rich
 
Join us on Facebook @ 10 Minute Reader Daily Thoughts or on Twitter @Sondove
If you would like to be added to the email distribution, please
send an email here.

No comments:

Post a Comment