Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Fake News - The Pseudo Christian


Fake News - The Pseudo Christian
“And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name {then Jesus} under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.” – Acts 4:12 (in context)
The world will tell you there are many ways to eternal salvation, and that if you live a good life it doesn’t matter what you call it or how you get there. 


Take Oprah Winfrey for example:
“There are many paths to what you call God.  Her path might be something else, and when she gets there she might call it the light.  But, her loving and her kindness and her generosity brings her to the same point that it brings you, it doesn’t matter if she calls it God along the way or not.”  “There couldn’t possibly be just one way.” “I am a Christian, but that doesn’t mean you have to be.  You can follow your own path to God, and I respect that.”

Or take Jim Carey:
“I believe in the energy of God.  Everything is divine, everything about me is divine.  It doesn’t matter to me what’s happening elsewhere.”

Or take Stephen Cobert:
“[I’m] a nice guy. I go to church I teach Sunday school. I have family values.  Though I am a committed Christian , I believe that everyone has the right to their own religion, be you Hindu , Jew or Muslim.”

Or take Jay-Z:
“If people must know my religious beliefs, I believe in one God. I don’t believe in religion. I don’t believe in Christians or Muslims. I think all that separates people. I think it’s one God. I think it’s all the same God, and I don’t believe in Hell”

Or take Beyonce:
“My relationship and how I feel about God and what he does for me is something deeply personal.  (and regarding her stage presence) I honestly believe He [God] wants people to celebrate their bodies so long as you don’t compromise your Christianity in the process, it’s all good.”

Hmm…
Can you be a Christian and be okay that those around you don’t believe in Jesus Christ as the only way to God?  I mean, do you not believe the scriptures?  Do you truthfully not care about the other person, enough to help them find the Savior?  Can you do the things that some of these celebrities do, and still call yourself a Christian?

What does it really mean to be a Christian?  A follower of Jesus Christ.  You believe that He lived, He died, and rose again on the 3rd day to take away the sins of mankind, and create a path for sinners to enter into eternity with God, the Father.  It means that you have given your life to Jesus Christ, your heart has been changed, you are a new creation in Him.
So, when the world tells you their definition of Christianity, as noted by the celebrities above, how many Christians are lost as a result?  I’m certainly in no position to judge the accuracy of their statements, nor have any authority to tell them to stop mis-leading the world on the topic.  But, I also know that what I see from them, and so many others in the media and on the big-screen, is not based on the foundation of the Bible.  It would appear as though they are molding God to fit into their box and conform to their intent for what a deity should be, to compensate for their desire to live their life in whatever way they so choose.  In doing so, I fear then that they are influencing millions and millions of people to this Pseudo God, through their preaching of their fake news.

God cannot be conformed to our desire.  We do not shape God in man’s image, but rather the opposite.  We are made in the image of God.  I don’t believe this to be a physical form, but rather a spiritual presence.  In 1 John 4:8, 16, the scripture tells us: “Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love ... God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.”  This is the image we were created in.  God love’s all mankind, and through His Son, Jesus Christ, has made a way for salvation.  Outside of this path though, there is nothing that can overcome the sin that has separated you from Him.  He created you as love, but we have all fallen so far away, it is no longer recognizable.  Jesus Christ’s death and resurrection is the redemption to restore that love once again, and put you back into the image by which you were created.

Move away from the fake news, and get your truth from the scriptures.  Put away your idols, and focus on the one true God.
 
 
 
© Sondove Enterprises, 2019
For more Daily Thoughts go to: http://sondove.blogspot.com
If you would like to be added to the email distribution please click here: Daily Thoughts
 

No comments:

Post a Comment