Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Know Your Roots


Daily Thoughts – Know Your Roots

“For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.” – Genesis 2:24

The seasons in life pass by without a watch.  Consistently, we are coming back to this same spot, and you would expect that we would have learned something along the way to make us more proficient at dealing with the problems in life.  I pause on this day every year to reflect on who I am and those things that helped shape the person you see before you today.  For it was on this day in 1960 that my parents solemnly swore to stay with each other through the good and the bad, the ups and the downs, the sick as well as the healthy days.  Two words were uttered that forever changed their small world – “I Do”.

I am the third child in our family.  I have an incredible older brother and beautiful sister that loved, protected, taught and yes even tormented me throughout my entire childhood.  But the love runs deep in our family and there is not a day that goes by where that love is not evidenced in one way or another.  All three of us have children, and some of them have children.  We have had the opportunity to pass on the legacy that comes from the two parents we learned from.  A legacy of truth, love, forgiveness, support, encouragement and serving God.

I am who I am because my parents and my siblings taught me right from wrong, good from evil and to serve God with every fiber of my being.  For in doing so, we are giving back to those that have gone on before and teaching those that will go on afterword what true love is about.  On this day, I want to stop for just a moment and express my extreme thankfulness and gratitude to my parents, Jim and Judy Palmer,  for their incredible marriage (59 years) and the love they have showered upon all of us over those many years.  God bless you and give you many more wonderful years together.

God designed man and woman to become one with each other.  He created Adam and then created Eve for her, as a companion and helper to the man.  They were brought together as one to pro-create and as such have populated the entire earth.  Man and Woman were formed in perfection for the purpose to love one another and to complement one another.  This is by the design of the Creator of the Universe with as much perfection as when He created the stars in the heavens.  It is perfect in its formation and purpose.  Thank you Mom and Dad for serving God in your marriage and abiding by His principles in your lives.

Prayer:
Father,
I pray for my parents, and all of those married couples in the world today.  I pray that their love may continue to be rich with Your purpose and that they might fulfill everything You have brought them together to fulfill.  Bless them, that they might in turn bless others with the example of their love for each other and their love for You.     – Amen


© Sondove Enterprises, 2019
For more Daily Thoughts go to: http://sondove.blogspot.com
If you would like to be added to the email distribution please click here: Daily Thoughts


No comments:

Post a Comment