Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Stay Focused



Read It, Learn It, Live It, Share It
“But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.” – Psalm 13:5
Wind blows across the plains today as the weather of injustice reigns down upon our world.  Self-interests, entitlement, laziness and fatherlessness have led to a world view that is based completely on “What’s in it for me?”  I have to be honest with you, when I see this, it breaks my heart and I find myself becoming angered by the lack of compassion, the lack of respect and genuine love people have for others.  Granted, I realize that it is a minority of the population, and that many are living with the humility and love of the Lord as they engage with others.  Perhaps my eyes are deceiving me though when I seem to see and hear of more and more cases of evil in our midst each day.

Each morning my prayers are consumed with requests for peace, for God’s love to be present, for people to be filled with His presence and passion for loving their neighbor.  I have so much faith and confidence in God’s miraculous touch and grace over mankind that I remain encouraged to share it each day to the best of my ability.  Through little steps, small acts of love and peace I truly believe we can make a difference.  Often times I become impatient though and want the Lord to exercise His will on people and hurry the change. 

The simple truth is that we are not completely aware of what He is doing, and we need to expand our trust and faith that He is sovereign and omnipotent.  With our limited perspective and view of the world, it is impossible for us to comprehend what He is doing within the hearts of man.  We see the world 15 people at a time, while He sees it as 6.2 billion at a time.  We see what the news media and the authorities of this world want us to see.  We observe the state of society in terms of their agenda and their attempt to manipulate and control our emotions.  But, we all know that the forces at work in this world are essentially evil in nature.  Therefore, it must be with a heart of holiness and pure thoughts of our Savior that we must filter and look for the goodness in mankind.

My heart is renewed each day with the knowledge, wisdom and understanding that God is in control and has provided my salvation from the evil that surrounds me.  We are blessed by an endless love from above, from a Father that has offered up His only Son so that we might one day rest in His presence for an eternity of joy, peace and righteousness.  This world is temporary, do not allow yourself to be consumed by what they want you to hear.  Listen to the words of your Father, to love one another as He loves you (John 13:34)
             
© Sondove Enterprises, 2013
For more Daily Thoughts go to:
http://sondove.blogspot.com
If you would like to be added to the email distribution please click here: Daily Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment