Monday, September 28, 2015

Do You Still Day-dream?


"At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children." - Matthew 11:25


As children our minds were filled with imaginary friends, games and situations.  I absolutely recall imagining hitting the home run with bases loaded to win the World Series for my team.  I recall imagining being the hero on the white horse saving the damsel in distress from the evil madman.  But now, many years later, when I close my eyes the problems of the day materialize in my mind.  Worry about the bills, the project that’s late at work, the kid’s schoolwork, my health and the other 10 million things going on at any given moment.  It seems impossible today to relax and calm myself enough to actually allow my mind to get beyond the stress of living.  Are you in this same boat?

God doesn’t want us worrying about these things though.  He asks us to trust Him and to cast our worries upon Him.  As we carry these burdens in our daily lives we become unproductive and unable to serve Him with everything we have.  I’ve found that it helps to imagine myself sitting in the grass next to God Almighty when I am completely stressed.  Filling my heart and mind with His glory and His presence, and recognizing that everything I have and everything I am is His.  I can do nothing without Him.  The sooner I am able to come to this realization the sooner I am able to breathe in His beauty, peace and love.

Let the imagination of your childhood fill your mind and heart once again.  There will come a day when you will be standing before the Lord, in all of His glory, majesty and wonder.  Until that day comes though, you can imagine yourself face to face with Your Savior and relinquish your worries and cares upon His shoulders.  

No comments:

Post a Comment