Monday, April 22, 2019

My Choice was Yes


Celebrating the Resurrection


 “Let my soul live, and it shall praise thee; and let thy judgments help me.  I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek thy servant; for I do not forget thy commandments" – Psalm 119:175-176

You can take it!   My life is nothing more than a temporary passage to what the scriptures have promised me.  In my current state I am weak, I am tempted, I am prone to wrong doing.  I am born of the seed of Adam and therefore I am rich with sin and unrighteousness.  From the moment of my creation, as the blood from my mother and father blended in creating the mass of tissue and life of my very being.  I carry with me a bent towards sinning, as do you, for you also are from the seed of Adam.

But, the good news is that He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world.  When I came to know Jesus as my Savior and Lord, I was just a small child, but I knew without a doubt that if He loved me enough to die in such a brutal way so I could go to heaven, then He was someone worth following.  I was baptized at 12 years old in First Baptist Church, Tecumseh, Mi. with my brother and my sister.  I left the church that night, and have never considered that He was not my God and my Savior.  I didn't understand His love or His grace, but I knew He was righteous and holy.

Over the last 40 or so years, I have slowly begun to understand just who He is and what He truly did for me.  I’ve never gone too far from the straight and narrow, because I knew in my heart it would lead to life of fear, sorrow and regrets.  By no means have I avoided the unrighteousness of this world.  As a matter of fact I sin each and every day, and yet I continue to strive for holiness because He is holy.  I have come to realize that there is no way for me to withstand the temptations and sin of this world within my own power and authority.  As much as I try, and chastise myself, I continue to fall short of His glory, as do you.

We must come to realize that in this world there is only good and evil.  Everything else is used in a demonstration of these two things.  We learned in Science that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.  When there is good there will be evil; when there is cold there will be warmth; when there is light there is darkness; when there is truth there are lies.  We make thousands of choices every day, from mundane to intricate in detail.  Your brain is sending 10’s of thousands of signals to your body and your surrounding environment every second.  You, with or without your awareness are choosing good or evil, right or wrong at this very moment.  How therefore are you ever capable of making 100% consistently decisions for the good, for righteousness?  That’s it, you can’t !!

Because you cannot be 100% righteous and holy, you are a sinner.  Your sins must be accounted for.  In the Old Testament laws, recorded in the books of Genesis and Leviticus, Moses recorded the words of God to His people.  You must sacrifice an animal, not just any animal, but a perfect and white as snow lamb, each year for the redemption of your family’s sins.  This was done in Jerusalem, at the temple every year during Passover, right up to the year Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a colt.

For you see, when Jesus came into Jerusalem for Passover, He very well understood He was the sacrificial lamb of God, coming to the slaughter.  Throughout the week, He pressed upon His disciples this reality, in preparation for what was to come.  When He was crucified, and breathed His last, the sacrifice was done and the sins of the world were washed away once and for good.  Jesus was the perfect, spotless, holy lamb of God; without sin or in need of a sacrifice Himself.   His blood was not from Adam but from God directly through the Immaculate Conception.  His birth broke the chain of history and His death broke the chain of sin bondage.

Through His death He redeemed those who had sinned up to that point.  Through His resurrection He has provided an eternal redemption for all of mankind going forward until He comes again to take us with Him to heaven.  We are incapable of not sinning, but through Him we are made Holy as He is Holy.  Upon accepting Him for who He is – our Savior and Lord – we receive the Holy Spirit, who dwells in our very soul.  Our soul is heaven ready, from that moment, but our flesh is still weak and full of sin.  We follow His lead and abide in Him to bring those two things closer together.  Align your flesh to the Spirit, and others will see it in you.  At your death, your flesh will be destroyed 6 feet under, but your soul will move in Spirit to Jesus’ side to forever sing out praises to the Father.  Won’t you release the hurt, anger, pain and suffering in this life to allow your flesh to align with His spirit.  Let your life reflect the Holy Spirit within, that your life in sin will be repentant.  You must open up to Him who lives within you, the choice is all yours.




© Sondove Enterprises, 2019
For more Daily Thoughts go to: http://sondove.blogspot.com
If you would like to be added to the email distribution please click here: Daily Thoughts 

No comments:

Post a Comment