Wednesday, September 18, 2013

How bad was your day?



Read It, Learn It, Live It, Share It
“Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.  Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." – Matthew 5:11-12
 “ Church Destroyed as Attacks Against Christians Continue to Increase Across India.” (Sept. 17, 2013)
“NIGERIA: Five Christians killed in roadside ambush near Jos” (Sept 9, 2013)
We are taught in scripture to take the Good News to the world, this is the Great Commission of the Christian church.  Do not take the Great Commission; that the Lord has given you; lightly.  Realize that your brothers and sisters around the globe are putting their very lives on the line to spread the message of Jesus Christ.

As we roll over this morning to take on the challenges of the day, how complacent are we in light of the persecution of the church?  I for one am spoiled rotten in my life as a Christian.  Each morning I have the freedom to enjoy my morning with a cup of orange juice, a bowl of cereal, watch the news/sports or latest sermon series on TV, write my devotional and then head off in my car to an incredible job with a Fortune 50 company for the day.  I work in a nice, climate controlled office building with a cafeteria, coffee shop and all of the technology I could ever need.  Throughout the day I will have 2 to 5 casual conversations about Christ with other fellow Christians or those seeking prayer in their day, and then I come home to a beautiful family at night.  I enjoy freedoms and luxuries in my life that many in the world with never experience or fathom.  Yet I have the audacity to complain about the daily churn and difficulties of living for Christ in 2013.

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy the freedoms granted to me each day, but I often compare myself to those who are daily putting their lives on the line for the cause of Christ.  Those that are waking up each morning with nothing to do but spend the day evangelizing and spreading the Good News to people in their local area and around the globe if possible.  When I hear and think of those who are persecuted for claiming to be a Christian, or talking about Jesus Christ, or wearing a cross or carrying a bible; I can’t help but think that I am spoiled in my Christian walk.  It’s one thing to build a strong faith and relationship with the Savior of the World.  My morning quiet time is doing just that.  Through that quiet time I am growing as a Christian, but, it’s something completely different to “live” for Christ in this world.  When we living for Christ we not only impact our lives, but we have the ability to introduce Christ into the lives of many. 

Today, pray for those around the world that are living in persecution of their local government and non-Christian religious institutions.  Pray that their mission is carried out this day and that they are able to change the hearts of the unknowing to see Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.  Then, pray for your own heart, soul and mind to be more aware of God’s calling on your life.  God does not call all of us to be evangelists, missionaries, preachers and teachers; but He does call us all to be disciples of Jesus Christ and take the message to the world.  You need to do your part each day without fear of what mankind and the establishment will do.  God is your sword and salvation, trust in Him and do His work while you still have time on this earth.


Almighty God,
We are all called to be disciples of Your word.  You have provided for each of us the opportunity to share Your gospel with those we come in contact with each day.  Help us break down the feelings of insecurity, confusion and fear that stand in the way of us reaching out to the world.  God, make clear in our hearts Your calling on our life.  If it is to be a missionary, an evangelist, a teacher, a preacher or simply a vessel of Your love for others – help us to see how You want to use us as a part of the Great Commission. Amen


             
© Sondove Enterprises, 2013
For more Daily Thoughts go to:
http://sondove.blogspot.com
If you would like to be added to the email distribution please click here: Daily Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment