Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Just Open the Door



Read It, Learn It, Live It, Share It
“For it is not you who speak, but it is the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.” – Matthew 10:20

I met a woman yesterday.  She was pleasant but sad at the same time.  The smile upon her face was a façade that had been perfected over the years to mislead those with whom her path had crossed.  There was a crack in her armor though when you would look into her eyes.  There was no smile there, no joy and no false bravado.  When the opportunity became available to inject the love of God, I decided to take it.  It started with her simple question, “How are you today?”
She didn’t mean it, she meant to be cordial and polite in passing.  Here demeanor changed dramatically though with my response, “Blessed, absolutely blessed.  How are you?” 

She actually stopped what she was doing and looked at me, and with a quivering voice said, “Thank you.  I am blessed also, though it is harder to recognize it each day.”  What would have been a hurried exchange of greeting had suddenly turned into a God moment.  I expressed what was on my heart, “You know, I knew when my feet landed on the floor again this morning, God must have something for me to do with the next 24 hours.”  She continued on, “That is so true.  You see ever since my husband passed away, it has been really hard, but I try to remind myself each day that I am blessed.”  When I looked into her now tear filled eyes, words came forth without any choice or influence from me.  “But he is in heaven now, waiting for you and one day you will be dancing with him once again, just like you always did before.”  A true smile appeared on her face, and she genuinely said “Thank you for coming here today.  I needed to hear that.”

I had never met this lady before in my life.  Our paths just happened to cross because I needed to run to the store on the way home from work.  There were nine registers opened and I chose this aisle to make my quick purchase.  The woman behind the counter needed the comfort of the Holy Spirit to bring a bit of joy into her life, if only for that brief moment, and God allowed me to be the vessel to cheer her up.  I walked away from the store thanking and praising God for that short but meaningful exchange.  The Holy Spirit doesn’t need a long period of time to impact the life of someone, as long as we get out of the way and let Him.  Within minutes, He had used my interaction with this woman to instill a joy once again.

You will face very common exchanges each and every day of your life.  You must choose to allow God to work through you and inject Himself into those events.  I promise you, if you are willing to give Him and opening, He will fill your heart and mind with the right words for the situation and use it well beyond your capabilities to do so.  You must be willing to let Him.      
© Sondove Enterprises, 2013
For more Daily Thoughts go to:
http://sondove.blogspot.com
If you would like to be added to the email distribution please click here: Daily Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment