Thursday, October 24, 2013

Learning Patience


Read It, Learn It, Live It, Share It
“And my soul is greatly dismayed; But You, O Lord—how long?” – Psalm 6:3


There are days when my mind is filled with love, joy and happiness; an excitement to take on the challenges of the day and to see what lies before.  This is not one of those days.  My soul is sad, my heart is heavy and my mind is filled with questions, concern and worry.  I realize that the Lord is with me and watching over the steps that my feet will trod, but I struggle to trust that He is truly with me.  I am reminded of a Beatles song from the Sgt. Peppers Lonely Heart Club Band, the lyrics go something like this:
I read the news today oh, boy
About a lucky man who made the grade
and though the news was rather sad
Well, I just had to laugh
I saw the photograph
He blew his mind out in a car
He didn’t notice that the light had changed
A crowd of people stood and stared
They’d seen his face before
nobody was really sure that he was from the house of lords.
The world has become fascinated with the wickedness, the evil and the unrighteousness.  The headlines on a daily basis is about death, destruction, calamity and the perverse nature of our society.  We marvel at the sexual escapades of our celebrities and dignitaries, yet turn a blind eye to those who are trying to bring order and sanctity back into our lives.  The news anchors fill the six o’clock hour with the latest shooting, bombing or act of terrorism as if they are discussing the weather.  Have we truly become so hardened to the precious commodity of life that we are not brought to tears and mourning over the lives that are destroyed each day across this nation. 

I am convinced that my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ is coming back one day to save us all from destroying ourselves.  In that day, we will be joined with Him for eternity and finally free from the poison of this world in which we live.  The wickedness that exists will cease and the fears, tears and mourning will come to an end.  The anger and concern that boils up inside of me on a daily basis will be brought to a peaceful calmness that resides only in His presence. 

I long for you, Jesus Christ, to come.  I long to be in Your presence and feel Your arm around my shoulder bringing me home.  I long to hear Your whisper in my ear of the love of the Father, and the glory of His name.  I dreadfully long to see Your face before me in the glorious radiance of the sun, filling the atmosphere around us.  Just as David called out to You, oh God, I call out to Your for peace in my soul and rest for my heart.  Fill me once again with Your strength and wisdom to take on this day and to shine Your light to others.

© Sondove Enterprises, 2013
For more Daily Thoughts go to:
http://sondove.blogspot.com
If you would like to be added to the email distribution please click here: Daily Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment