Friday, December 20, 2013

I Believe


Read It, Learn It, Live It, Share It


“Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe”  – John 8:46

Sitting here with tears welling up in my eyes, I ask myself what is going on.  Where is that strong, 49 year old father and grandfather, man of the house with no emotion?  My heart is captured today by thoughts of what God was willing to do, so I could one day rest in His arms and find complete peace.  I am weakened today by the corrupt and unjust world that we live in.  I pain and struggle with anger over the way we are slowly letting Christ be removed from Christmas.  In an attempt to be loving and non-confrontational, we set by and watch as institutions, the media and the governments all over the globe remove references to God from our very existence.  Words like Holiday party and Winter Festival are becoming commonplace.  Nativities outside of churches are being banned because they might offend a passerby, who may not be a Christian.  A Christian man in the public’s eye cannot stand up and proclaim the word of God as truth without public ridicule and losing his career.

It was argued, when I was a child, that the world was becoming to commercialized and focused on Santa Claus rather than the true meaning of Christmas.  The history of Santa Claus would contradict that belief though.  Most of us know the story of Santa Claus stems from the Saint Nicholas, who was a Bishop in the land of Myra during the 4th century.  He was known to give gifts to the impoverished children and Mistresses of the land.  This tradition over the years has evolved into legend and folklore of Santa flying around the globe in one night delivering toys to children.  Certainly, one can question this wonderful story if they so choose, but the fact still remains that Saint Nicholas with the love and charity of Jesus Christ stimulated the Christmas event of gift giving. 

Today, it is no longer a question of Santa Claus – fact or fiction; no, it has become a politically incorrect inconsiderate faux pas to wish someone a “Merry Christmas”.  The question of the season has shifted from  do you believe in Santa Claus to do you believe in Jesus Christ.  If you do, then I can wish you a Merry Christmas, otherwise I have to restrain my celebratory attitude and bid you a Happy Holiday.  All of this in reaction to a society that is intent on minimizing the importance of the birth of Jesus Christ, traditionally celebrated on December 25th each year.  I struggle with this because it hurts inside to see the world being so flippant about the most important man to ever walk the earth and the most important decision they will ever make in their life.

God has handled rejection before, and this is nothing new for Him.  As demonstrated in the scripture today, in John 8 we find Jesus Christ deity being challenged directly by the Pharisees of His day.  As He clearly stated to them on that day, the truth reigns forth today.  If Christ were unrighteous or sinful in those days He would have been immediately put down.  The fact is that He was perfectly righteous in all of His behaviors and actions.  This set Him apart from every other man to have ever walked the earth.  In this scripture He simply says, “just believe” and as for me I believe.

A recent song from Natalie Grant titled “I Believe captures the love of God through the birth of His Son – Jesus Christ.  I strongly suggest listening to it on Youtube this Christmas season and share it with as many friends as possible.  Take a stand and tell the world  I Believe this Christmas.

I believe
The Wiseman saw
The baby born the angels called the son of God
Heaven’s child
The great I am
Born to take away my sins through nailed pierced hands
Emmanuel has come
I believe


Prayer:
Almighty God,
You created the heavens and the earth.  You created mankind and all creatures upon this earth.  You are the Alpha and the Omega.  For centuries You have faced rejection, adversity and criticism, yet You still love us enough to provide a plan of salvation.  Thank you for giving us Your Son – to redeem our sins and provide redemption for those that believe on Him.  Yes Lord, I believe. - Amen

© Sondove Enterprises, 2013
For more Daily Thoughts go to:
http://sondove.blogspot.com
If you would like to be added to the email distribution please click here: Daily Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment