Monday, October 5, 2015

His Creation - Welcome Kimber Elizabeth

His Creation

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart…” – Jeremiah 1:5


The amazement and wonder of a child’s eyes as they first come into the realization that they have a brother or a sister sharing their home.  I was incredibly blessed by our Father in Heaven once again yesterday (October 4th, 2015) with the birth of my newest Grand Daughter – Kimber Elizabeth Dicker.  I was in the waiting room with her Great-Grandmother, her Grandmother, her Aunts
and Uncle (my children), and her Sisters (my Granddaughters, all 3 of them), when her Father, William, came down to tell his little girls that there was a new baby.  The joy, the happiness and love in their little faces was unbelievably precious as they hugged their Daddy. 

It was about 25 minutes later, when William came down stairs to the waiting room and asked me to join him.  As we walked into the labor/delivery room; my emotions were in my throat.  I first saw my oldest, my baby girl lying on the hospital bed, exhausted, yet so and full of love.  My heart pounded in my chest to come to her and hold her, and help her find rest, peace and comfort.  Then my eyes shifted to the newborn babe, Kimber Elizabeth was placed into my arms for the very first time.

As a Grandfather, the first time you see the child of your child is a surreal experience.  Your mind is flooded with the memory of when her mother was born, 26 years ago.  In that moment while I looked into the beautiful face of Kimber, I recalled, crying over Jayme when she was born, and promising her the world.  Kimber’s eyes were wide open, she stared up into mine and cooed while sucking her fist.

This child in my arms at that very moment, was closer to God the Father only 1 hour earlier than she will be throughout the entire rest of her life.  She was created by Him 40 weeks prior for a unique purpose that only she can fulfill.  He has blessed her with everything she will need throughout her life on this earth.  He whispered to her spirit for the last 9 months the secrets of His Love, His Kingdom and His Peace.  Kimber had been in the presence of God the Father only moments before she lay in my arms, and as I prayed over this child, the very spirit of the Lord was flowing through the room. 

We all enter this world, and take our first breath.  From that moment on, there is no moment in your life where you will be filled with the same closeness to heaven.  The feeling is real though, and buried within each of your souls.  You too spent 9 months with the Father in isolated development before birth.  At the heart of each of your souls, you know what His love is like and what it is to be unconditionally loved.  For each of us we spend our entire lives looking to fill that void, that emptiness inside, because we know what is should be like.  Yet, everything around us we try falls short of the intimacy with God the Father that is ingrained subliminally into your being. 

There is nothing in this world that will do.  Relationships, sex, drugs, work, alcohol, partying, rebellious behavior, money nor material objects will ever fill this void.  They all bring temporary pleasure, which fades in time and is often times replaced.  The problem isn’t in these things, or in your desire to be filled, to be satisfied.  No, the problem is in the example that has been set.  The bar has been set so high in your Psyche, that nothing will achieve it in this world.  Eternity with God the Father is the only thing that will satisfy this longing.  A relationship with Jesus Christ will bring you as close as you can possibly come in this life.  For the perfect love that He brings will overcome anything the world may bring against you.  Each step you take closer to the Savior is an expanding realization that you are coming closer to God the Father, and rekindling the intimacy you once shared. 

Welcome to our world Kimber. Follow your heart lil one, and stay upon the righteous path, which leads to Jesus.  Do not fear, for you have a loving family right here to help guide you every step of the way.  I love you more – Pops.

 

           
© Sondove Enterprises, 2015
For more Daily Thoughts go to:
http://sondove.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment