Saturday, October 24, 2015

I hope live

When the world stops for just a moment, and your breath is taken away by the sudden realization that you are not in control, what do you do?  It's beyond comprehensible to believe that you actually have control over the events in this life.  Can you choose not to blink, not to breathe, not to swallow, not to love?  Certainly, but because you are not really in control, all of those will happen anyway.

Three weeks ago I met my youngest grand daughter for the first time.  Today we lay to rest one of my best friends.  The greatest thing is that in both instances, I am witnessing the grace and love of my Savior in action. A child is born into this world, not of their own doing, but of the forces around them.  A child takes their first breath, not because they want to, but because they have to.  A child is instantly immersed into this world with no understanding or knowledge of what lies ahead, and through their life experiences will become who God has intended them to be. I propose that 99% of us step into our eternal rest, outside of our own doing.  For it is destined for each and every one of us once to die.  We can force an acceleration to this event, but we can't avoid it.  It's not in our control to say we will live forever.

What happens between birth and death is the purpose of this life.  It is either lived to bring His love to others or it is not.  There is no other real purpose.  Sure we get up in the morning and take on the day's challenges with drive, ambition and desire to succeed; but there is no real eternal purpose in that.  If, in this life we are looking for the real purpose, it is in loving others, helping others, sharing His grace and love with those we meet and leave them with the realization that we just passing through.

I hope you are able to laugh today.
I hope you are able to love today.
I hope you are able to forgive today.
I hope you are able to live today.
Be blessed my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment