Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Do You Trust God?


“May your unfailing love come to me, Lord, your salvation, according to your promise; then I can answer anyone who taunts me, for I trust in your word.”  
                                                                                                     – Psalm 119:41-42

 
They will always challenge your faith.  There will be no end to the ridicule and taunting, because you have demonstrated something others refuse to accept.  Live your life in full representation of the love instilled in you by God the Father.  I was 15 the first time someone actually told me that there was no God and I was foolish for believing in something I couldn’t see or touch.  This person’s premise was that he could not believe in something that wasn’t visible.  His impression was that Christianity was nothing more than a crutch for those who were weak, and struggling with their own independence.  He did not need anyone or anything else to make him feel good, it was completely his own wisdom and strength that would get him through this life.  I responded simply that he was right, I am weak and I can’t do it alone.  I pointed out to him that there is no way for me to experience eternal life without Christ Jesus death on the cross, and resurrection.  He challenged the existence of eternity as fodder.  There is no proof that eternity exists, this life is all there is and then we die; was his postulation.  To which I replied, then why are you here bothering me, if I’m going to die and you’re going to die and that’s it, why do you care how I live my life?  For that matter, why are we even alive? 

There is no real purpose for this life, why not end it now?  You see (I continued) if our lives mean nothing, than there is no hope for justice or reason for love or compassion or helping others.  Life has no value.  Your life, my life, the hungry child in Africa, the senile person in the nursing home – none of it matters.  In your position we are nothing but a waste of matter, breathing air and watching the clock tick/tock until we die.  The God I believe in has instilled in me a promise that there is more than this life.  There is more than what we see with our eyes and through a belief, faith and trust in His Son, we can experience that one day.  I have something to wake for each day, the ability to share His love with another in hopes that they will one day experience it as well.  When you wake up each morning, it’s just another day of breathing air.  I’ll keep believing in God, you can choose what you want to do tomorrow when you wake up.  With that he called me foolish and walked away.


God’s promises are our strength.  We trust that He will follow through, just as He has every time in the past.  Is there proof that Christ walked the earth?  No; there is no tomb, no pictures, no videos or DVD.  There are no eye witnesses that CNN can interview who can testify to His life.  There are countless promises from God the Father though, and every one of them are more credible than the trials and reports that have been published trying to prove His non-existence.  I trust in God’s promises for salvation, for grace and for eternal life.  Do you?
© Sondove Enterprises, 2019
For more Daily Thoughts go to: http://sondove.blogspot.com
If you would like to be added to the email distribution please click here: Daily Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment