Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Is Anyone There?



“But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.” – Micah 7:7



There are times when I look at my son and ask myself if indeed he is deaf.  He will be playing with his phone or Xbox, when his mother or I ask him to do something.  He doesn’t move or even acknowledge our comment.  He’s so into his game that our voices simply become background noise.  It’s not that he’s ignoring us, or doesn’t hear us, but he is intent on where he is and what he is doing.  The opposite is just as true though.  There are times when I am on the phone and he will come up to me and ask me a simple question or want to tell me something that he has accomplished.  If the call happens to be a business related conversation, my initial reaction is to double my focus on the phone call at hand rather than the request from my son.

How many times do you lift your prayers to God the Father and feel that He is just not hearing you?  There are times when I am pleading with the Lord for an answer to something in my life, and it seems as though the phone is off the hook and He’s just not hearing me.  It couldn’t be farther from the truth though.  God hears every word that comes from my mouth, my mind and my heart.  He knows it before I have said it.  My pain, my anguish, my disappointment and my joy are all known to God without me uttering a single word.  For you see God is omniscient (all-knowing).  This is not something we can grasp, but it is something we must be able to trust.

There are times when for one reason or another God, in His glory and sovereignty chooses to allow us to struggle despite our cries for help.  In these times we have the opportunity to draw closer to God, rely even more on Him and come to realize just how much we need Him in this life.  God, if He so chooses, could answer every prayer, every request with the answer we want to hear.  In doing so though, we find ourselves directing the path of our life.  This is contradictory to what God is looking for.  He wants us to give up our plan and follow His plan for life.  We have no ability to see the complete impact of the things we ask for in prayer.  There are times when we want God to solve a problem for us, but in doing so it may cause other problems or other circumstances as a chain reaction.  God sees the whole picture.  From the day of conception to the day of resurrection to our eternal life with Him in heaven, He sees the entire spectrum.  We look at life one day at a time, perhaps a week or a month at a time in our day planner, while He looks at our earthly life as a small spec on the eternal life He has planned for us.

When you are in the quiet period and it seems as though God has placed you in time out, you need to step back and realize that He is God and He knows all things.  He hears your cry and understands your situation more than even you do.  We must have faith that He will work it out in due time to His plan not to ours.  The closer we are too God, the more aligned these paths become.  We must remain focused on the end game and less on the day to day worries.  Jesus Christ will return and in that day all of our prayers will be answered.  Life will be new and God will be glorified in heaven and on earth.

I strongly recommend this Michael W. Smith song: Agnus Dei
“Alleluia, Alleluia – for the Lord God Almighty Reigns
Alleluia – Holy, Holy – Are You Lord God Almighty
Worthy is the Lamb, Worthy is the Lamb
You are Holy.”


Prayer:
Heavenly Father
,
You are our King and our Lord.  Through You all things come to pass and all things work for Your good.  We lift up our worries, concerns and transgressions to You to feel Your grace upon our heart.  Thank You for Your mercy and Your love through all of my struggles.  I trust in You and I believe that You will see me through the valley’s of my life. Praise be to You in all things.  In Your name we pray – Amen



© Sondove Enterprises, 2019
For more Daily Thoughts go to: http://sondove.blogspot.com
If you would like to be added to the email distribution please click here: Daily Thoughts 


No comments:

Post a Comment