Daily Thoughts – The Blind Hypocrite
“And the judgment is based on this fact: God’s light came into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light, for their actions were evil.” – John 3:19 ()
Do you agree with me that we live in a fallen world?
What does that mean to you? Fallen from where? Have we reached the bottom? What caused the fall?
So, what are the evils in today’s world?
- Murder (War, school shootings, street shootings, abortion)
- Adultery (sexual debauchery, homosexuality, pornography)
- Lying (Fake News daily, social media slander, verbally)
- Materialism/Idols (Jobs, cars, homes, electronics, money, anything you can’t live without)
- Lack of honor/respect (Antifa, political parties, social justice)
- Stealing (Looting, gang robbery, downloading online music, plagiarism)
These are some of the obvious examples. You could also add to it emotions such as jealousy, greed, hatred, lust, envy, selfishness, and negativity. When we observe the evil in today’s world, we must ask ourselves, is it truly new, or is it simply a new methodology of execution? I posit that it is the later. Evil has existed since the garden of Eden. If you look carefully, you will see that these also originated with the 10 Commandments.
With this understanding then, we should not really be surprised at the unbelievable falsities, anger, and evil we see around us. The scriptures tell us that this would happen. The people will turn from the Father and be lovers of themselves and their pleasures (2 Tim 3:1-5). This is what we are seeing today.
Life is not a sporting event, with a winner and loser. It’s not a Democrat vs Republican, male vs female, black vs white, or American vs rest of world. As shown by the evils above we have diminished the moral fabric of the world, over many generations and through the desire of man to put himself above others. This is fostered through the societal perspective that everyone should live for themselves, and not necessarily for the betterment of others. The root of evil in our world today is the blindness to the Gospel as it is written. People are taking the scriptures out of context and one by one using them to establish that their way is approved by God. This is the blindness I refer to.
- Some will say that abortion is okay in God’s eyes because there are references in the Old Testament where God had the children of His enemies killed (ex: Hosea 9:15-17)
- Homosexuality is okay, because David, man after God’s own heart, loved Jonathon as much as his own soul, it is therefore acceptable for us to love another of the same sex. (1 Samuel 20:1-23, 41-42)
- Slavery is okay in God’s eyes, because several passages in the Bible reference slaves (Eph 6:5)
You see how anything can be taken from scripture to prove a point, if one so chooses. But the Bible is not Fake News, it is the Good News. It must be held in full context and revered as the word of God, our Sovereign and Holy Lord. He, and only He will be the final judge of mankind. Far be it from me to judge another man’s eternal fate. I am going to share my understanding though, in as much as it is derived from the scriptures and not my own contrived opinions. This is my recommendation to you as well. Be strong in your faith, be strong in your evangelism of the word, but be loving and full of grace in your condemnation of another’s sinful acts.
There is only one thing where winning is important, and that is in a person’s eternal resting place. Everything else we compete with one another in this life is truthfully meaningless. The Messiah will return one day, and none of this hatred we see today will mean anything. Jesus talked down to the Pharisees and Sadducees, and called them vipers, and hypocrites; because they held so tightly to their interpretation of the Torah, and wielded it around like a sword of judgement upon the Isrealites. Let’s not fall into that same mindset as Christians of today.
© Sondove Enterprises, 2019
For more Daily Thoughts go to:
If you would like to be added to the email distribution please click here: