Monday, June 3, 2013

Help them See





Read It, Learn It, Live It, Share It


“However, they did not all heed the good news; for Isaiah says, "LORD, WHO HAS BELIEVED OUR REPORT?"  So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ." – Romans 10:16-17


It’s frustrating at times to see the word that I hold so dear fall upon deaf ears.  I cannot recall a time when I did not believe in the saving grace of Jesus Christ.  Oh sure, there have been many days when one would look at my life and say, “What a hypocrite”, and they would be 100% right in their assessment.  One of the very reasons my faith is so strong is the simple fact that I cannot live without sin in my life.  As hard as I’ve tried to live the perfect, peaceful, righteous life; I’ve fallen short every single day.  At best, I may make it 10 minutes without some unrighteous act or word or thought, and then I’m right back in my humility of relying on His grace and love again. 

I’ve often had the intent of reaching out to a few of those, whom I know do not have faith in God, and shake them until they saw the light.  Fortunately, for me and for them, calmer heads prevailed and patience endured.  I have learned from my quiet moments with the Holy Spirit in the morning that you cannot force God’s love upon someone.  It is something that must be sought after and found.  It is not a check box on an application, but an acceptance of something that is everlasting.  There will always be those that refuse to accept the sovereign authority of God Almighty, and view His loving presence as a set of pressing rules and guidelines for their life.  The pride and arrogance of these individuals separate them from the reality that they are in need of salvation.

This is why it is important for you to always be ready when the Lord opens that door of opportunity for you to share His love.  In each of our lives we will have struggles, pain, resentment and sorrow.  This is not unique to the Christian life, this is common across all of mankind and always has been.  There are times when you will need to present the love and grace of the Father to someone who is lost and struggling to find their way.  I cannot tell you when these events will happen, but they will.  Being prepared though is your responsibility.  Being in the Word daily, to hear His guidance and love; and familiarize yourself with His teachings will be essential when the opportunity comes up, and it will.  It might be your spouse, your children, your family, your co-worker or your friend, and you will be given the opportunity to share His love with them.  Don’t be unprepared, don’t be caught off guard.  Be ready to stand for Him when you see those around you falling down in their own attempt to survive life.  You be the witness and help them see.     


             
© Sondove Enterprises, 2013
For more Daily Thoughts go to:
http://sondove.blogspot.com
If you would like to be added to the email distribution please click here: Daily Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment