Thursday, June 6, 2013

Strive for Consistency



Read It, Learn It, Live It, Share It

“In the morning, O Lord, You will hear my voice; In the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch." – Psalm 5:3


When do you pray?  Is there a set time when you quiet your mind, rest your heart and close your eyes in quiet reverence to the Lord?  Some of us will pray in the morning before the day begins to unfold.  Other’s will pray in the evening before they rest their head upon the pillow.  Many do both, beginning their day with God, laying out the plan, synchronizing with the Creator of all things and the sovereign Holy One who sets our path before us; and then completing each day with a heart of thanksgiving and gratitude for all that was accomplished in the day.  There is nothing wrong with praying randomly as led by the Holy Spirit to pray either.  My wife calls these “Popcorn Prayers” – for you pray right then and there when the idea pops into your mind.

Personally, I come to the Lord first thing in the morning and quiet myself to hear His word for me each day.  I often enter into this time of prayer with a song of praise that may be on my heart and mind, but then I listen; not for audible words but for the Holy Spirit to speak through my thoughts and to my mind and heart.  Less of the “I wants . . . . ” and more of the “I wills. . . . .”  Are you listening to what the Spirit wants from you each day? or are you focused on what He is going to give you and do for you?

Remember we are here to serve Him.  Praying should be done in a manner of thanksgiving, reverence and humbleness.  You are in a 1:1 setting with the Lord of all Creation, the Holy of Holies.  This isn’t a Santa Claus wish list opportunity, but an opportunity for you to learn, listen and strengthen your walk.  Life is difficult and we need the help of the Lord to get through it.  The first step is to make it a priority in your life.  Just as you schedule every other meeting on your busy calendar, you should be scheduling time with the Lord each day.  Put your desires, your needs and your wishes on hold to listen to your Father in Heaven communicate with you. 

Don’t put this off another day, for this is the day the Lord has made, and He has a plan for you.

             
© Sondove Enterprises, 2013
For more Daily Thoughts go to:
http://sondove.blogspot.com
If you would like to be added to the email distribution please click here: Daily Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment