Monday, January 5, 2015

Break the Rear-view Mirror






“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.” – Psalm 23:4

Well, a New Year is upon us.  If you are like me, the last year went way too fast and there was so much I had planned to accomplish that is still left undone.  If you recall last year, my plan was to share His word with as many as possible throughout the year, expanding my borders, my reach and my potential to tell of His truth, His love, His grace and His mercy.  The Lord filled me with His words throughout the year as He determined appropriate.  I am blessed and privileged to have my fingers on the keyboard as He fills my mind with His love for others.  I simply try to put this love down onto paper and distribute it as broadly as possible.  He controls the use once the SEND button has been pressed and it has reached the ether.  I pray for each of you who have read the Daily Thoughts over the last year and praise Him for all He is and will do in your lives.

We all have a tendency to look back on the last year and reflect on those things we wanted to do, but didn’t accomplish.  We condemn ourselves for our shortcomings and easily find faults that prevented us from doing His will.  Stop it.  Stop looking at your past and dwelling on the things you could have done, but rather look to the future at the things He is going to do through you. 

Take note of your weaknesses and the temptations that prevented you from walking with the Lord and write them down in your journal.  Not to dwell on, but to focus on in the coming year.  You want to be a stronger person a year from now, than focus every single day on overcoming those things which weaken you, and look to Him for the strength, guidance and assuredness to succeed in 2015. He is never going to condemn you, nor forsake you when you are striving for His Kingdom and His glory.  Put away your ego, your self-centered attitude and strive to live for Him and Him alone this year.  Do not finish this year without growing in your relationship with Jesus Christ, and helping those around you do the same.

© Sondove Enterprises, 2015
For more Daily Thoughts go to: http://sondove.blogspot.com
If you would like to be added to the email distribution please click here: Daily Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment