Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The Content Christian


January 28, 2015


“Nevertheless I say to you that it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for you.” – Matthew 11:24

If He stood before your church or joined you at your dinner table, would He recognize the heart of a repentant son or daughter?  I am sorry if it offends you, but He is the Holy God of the Universe and will not accept the sluggard, the self-centered and the convenient Christian.  He is Holy, Righteous and above all things.  There is nothing over Him, that He should ask approval.  There is none other who can provide your salvation from the eternal Hell that exists and will for all eternity. 

I find myself this morning questioning the sincerity of my faith and love for the Father.  I believe Jesus Christ is my Savior.  He died for my sins and provided the sacrifice for my transgressions.  But, do I really consider Him Lord of my life?  This means that I follow His direction, His commandments and His will in my life.  Almost daily I struggle with given up the gluttonous, self-centered desires of this world and serve Him and only Him.  I spend time in earnest prayer every morning, and I know right from wrong, good from evil.  I focus my heart on the good and step out to do those things each and every day.  Yet, amidst it all I find myself coming before the Lord each night asking for the same forgiveness as days gone by.

By most I’m considered a nice, upstanding and good guy.  I was raised by loving parents, and I’ve gone to church my entire life.  I work hard, I do the right things for the family and I tithe at church.  I avoid the big no-no’s in life and I believe I’ve taught my children to love God with all their heart, mind and soul.  But, though all of that is true, if I am not in a right relationship with Jesus Christ and turning from my sinful actions each day, it’s all for naught. 

The Bible is a the word of God and when it says “you must . . . “ it is not a suggestion, it is a directive from the only true God of the Universe.  Do we have any right to twist it to fit our comfort zone?  No, we don’t.  If you want to believe that God exists, that Jesus Christ is our Messiah, and that He alone is your salvation, than you must take the entire word of God just as seriously and abide in it.  You don’t get to make the rules for God to follow.  He does.  You don’t get to argue your case and try to justify your actions, He’s already stated the outcome clearly.  It’s not a game with “instant replay” it is your eternal salvation.  Don’t you think you should be thinking carefully about where you and those you love stand on these topics?  He is a God of love, but He is also a God of unbelievable wrath like you have never seen.  Honor Him, give Him the glory, Thank Him for every breath that He alone has allowed you to take.  He is your King and Lord, it’s about time we treat Him the way He deserves to be treated, and get off our own high horse.

  

© Sondove Enterprises, 2015
For more Daily Thoughts go to: http://sondove.blogspot.com
If you would like to be added to the email distribution please click here: Daily Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment