Thursday, January 22, 2015

Excerpt from a Dream



“It will come about after this that I will pour out My Spirit on all mankind; And your sons and daughters will prophesy, Your old men will dream dreams, Your young men will see visions.” – Joel 2:28

It was a dark scene.  The skies were grey and the earth looked scorched.  Those around were standing in clothes that were torn as rags, and dirt covered their faces.  The men were in one line and the ladies were in another.  Children couldn’t be seen anywhere.  Then the line started to move forward, and I looked down.  My feet were shackled together which made walking nearly impossible, but those behind me were pushing and shoving.  I wasn’t really sure why we were in this line, but some behind me seemed anxious to move along.

As we neared the building, attitudes changed and people became very fearful to enter the room.  Stairs led up along the wall to our right and there was a smell in the air.  I struggled to step up the stairs, and lost my balance a few times.  As I reached the summit I looked across the big room to another staircase, where I saw my daughter in a similar line. 

She was with friends, dressed in rags like the rest of us, but laughing and smiling with that unbelievable joy she always presented to the world.  As I moved along the platform, she saw me out of the corner of her eye and waved.  I motioned her over and she came within a few steps.  As I reached out to take her hand, she was told to get back in line.  I yelled across the room, “Don’t give up the faith.  Whatever you do, don’t give up the faith.”  Just then I was pushed through a small door into a 3 foot by 3 foot box, and I could no longer see her.

I had heard stories about these boxes in other areas of the world, but only now did I realize what was going on.  The box started to fill with water and I realized within 5 minutes I would be dead.  The instructions from the voice outside simply said, “Deny Him.  Deny Him and it will stop.”  I screamed louder, “Don’t give up the faith” as the water rose to my chin.  I held my breath, prayed for God to receive me into His Kingdom and prayed that my wife and children would be spared this torturous death.  I could not stop thinking of my daughter in the line just on the other side of the room, let her be given a chance to live her life.  Please don’t take her at such a young age.  I closed my eyes, and felt the water consume me, and then it was over and light filled the blue skies above me.

I opened my eyes to see the face of Jesus, smiling with His arms opened wide to accept me into His Kingdom.  I couldn’t help but fear for those I loved, those I knew from my entire life.  Before my mind flashed every person I had ever known: from my parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, brother, sister, nieces, nephews, friends in school, friends at work, my wife, my children and grandchildren, and even brief acquaintances from around the globe.  Had I done enough in my life to reach them, to help them and to share the gospel with them? It was too late now, there was nothing more I could do, and I wept bitterly.
 
I woke this morning panicked for those I love and care about.  Please don't miss the opportunity to tell those you love about salvation through Jesus Christ.


© Sondove Enterprises, 2015
For more Daily Thoughts go to: http://sondove.blogspot.com
If you would like to be added to the email distribution please email Sondove1@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment