Wednesday, October 11, 2017

If Not Now, When?


Why don’t we trust God?  Why do we allow fear and worry to overtake our faith?  I propose to you that we don’t have a proper respect of God and just how much He loves us.

What is God asking you to do with your life?  You know that thing that is in your heart and continues to come to the forefront every time you think about doing more.  You and I both know that God wants more from you than you have given Him.  For that matter He wants all of you and surprisingly still loves and accepts you even though you give Him such a small part of who you are.  Each of us have our respective list of excuses.  Mine is longer than most and I review it frequently and challenge myself to look past the false limitations I have place in front of my total commitment to God.

Several years ago I was at a Promise Keeper’s conference with Pastor Kerry Shook and Randy Reeves here in Houston.  On the bus home from an absolutely inspiring conference Pastor Kerry looked at each of us and asked one question:  “If tomorrow you woke up and every limitation you can imagine had been lifted from your list of burdens: finances, job, education, time, fears of speaking, etc.; and you were given a blank checkbook to an unlimited bank account, what would you do for God?”
It truly makes one think about their priorities in life and where one places God on the list of things to focus on.  The list of excuses is endless and I’m sure you can add to this list:


  1. If I could become financially independent, I would tithe to God and spend my life serving Him.
  2. I’ve got this big project at work, I just can’t break away for enough hours to dedicate to serving God right now.  As soon as this is over I will.
  3. As soon as the kids are grown and move away to college, then I’ll focus on serving God.
  4. There just aren’t enough hours in the day; with work, the drive time to and from work, kid’s school, soccer, cheerleading, dentist office, dinner, bathtime, helping with homework, catching up on e-mails, more work into the night and getting sleep each day – I can’t take on another thing.  I just don’t have the time right now.
  5. I’m afraid if I give up my job to serve the Lord, I will lose everything I have.

 

What is it that is keeping you from serving God completely?  Time management, finances, work, relationships, laziness or the lack of desire?  I challenge you this week to focus on how your using your time, and by next weekend, what you would be willing to give up to spend more time giving back to God.  Get a picture in your head of just how big God is.  If God had a physical hand, the Earth, moon, stars and Sun would look like a spec of dirt under His fingernail; yet He wants desperately to have an intimate one on one relationship with you.  If you don’t feel close to God or are wondering where He is; you should be looking in a mirror, because He never moved nor changed; you have.  Stretch your mind and get a big vision for how you can impact God’s kingdom, than ask yourself “Why not?”  Put aside those answers and fears and focus on trusting God to see it through.

 

Be Blessed,

Rich

 
Join us on Facebook @ 10 Minute Reader Deep Thoughts or on Twitter @Sondove

No comments:

Post a Comment