Monday, January 28, 2019

You Can’t Have That




"The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him."  - Exodus 15:2

Imagine that you come home from a vacation on Saturday afternoon to discover that a tornado had completely wiped out your neighborhood while you were gone.  Sticks, boards, sheetrock and shingles lay all over what used to be the front yard of your home, as well as all of the homes around you.  The swing-set is gone, the pool sidewall is cracked from the tree that fell in, the shed you and your son built with your own hands is now a pile of twisted wood and metal.  Your loss is 100%, not a single thing is salvageable - not your brand new car in the garage, your big screen television, your computer, your appliances, your beds, your furniture, your photo books, your old video tapes are all either destroyed by the fire that ensued after the tornado hit or they were washed away by the fire hose and torrential downpour that occurred after the twister hit.  Walking up to the pile of rubble, with your only possessions in hand; I ask you – Can you still praise God?

  I propose that most of us would be looking heavenward with 2 things on our mind: "Thanks to be alive." & "Why me God?"  Both are legitimate thoughts, but which of the two are more aligned to God's expectations?  "Have no idols" rings a bell as a pretty strong statement from our Creator.  So consider what sits between you and God?  It's so easy to put things between God and oneself.  If something is taken away from us and our life becomes shattered because of it, then we have to ask "Was this object more important than God?"; "Am I still capable of living out God's plan for my life without these things?"; “Can I still love God when everything else is gone?”

  So often, our lives get wrapped around things and become distracted from the One that seeks our attention. When that is the case you need to honestly look at how much you are missing out on from God in order to give your attention elsewhere.  If it is that easy to cause separation between you and God, don't you think Satan will use it?  I propose that the more things you are centering your life around, the more opportunity you are giving Satan to own your life.  Center your life on God and at the same time create a stronghold against the will of Satan's attack.  Then when tragedy does happen and you are left with only the clothes on your back you can look heavenward and state with confidence, "Okay God, here we go" and mean it.




© Sondove Enterprises, 2019
For more Daily Thoughts go to: http://sondove.blogspot.com
If you would like to be added to the email distribution please click here: Daily Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment