Wednesday, February 27, 2019

I am Strong


Read It, Learn It, Live It, Share It

“That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”  – 2 Corinthians 12:10

 

You Say (click Youtube)Lauren Daigle (2018)

I keep fighting voices in my mind that say I’m not enough
Every single lie that tells me I will never measure up
Am I more than just the sum of every high and every low?
Remind me once again just who I am, because I need to know

You say I am loved when I can’t feel a thing
You say I am strong when I think I am weak
You say I am held when I am falling short
When I don’t belong, oh You say that I am Yours
And I believe, oh I believe
What You say of me
I believe


 

 

The path that we walk each day is going to be filled with individuals that don’t believe in you, and your purpose.  The reality is that each of us have an opinion of yourself that is known to us and our Creator.  That opinion is flawed though.  It is flawed in the understanding that we are using our most comprehensive knowledge of everything we have done, we have thought and we have said to form this opinion.  That leads us to an opinion that is open to the weakness of our flesh, our worldly perspective, and shame.  You must agree with me then that this opinion and perspective indeed is the most complete representation that anyone could have about you, because you know yourself better than anyone else.

With this opinion of yourself, good and bad, you will struggle, at times, to view yourself as deserving of the love of our Father in heaven.  But, you see, although your opinion is the most comprehensive opinion on the earth, it doesn’t compare to the opinion and perspective of your Father.  God’s perspective of you is void of your shortcomings, mistakes and misgivings.  He knows you through and through, deeper than you know yourself.  In Psalm 139, we learn that God knew us before we were born, He formed us in our Mother’s womb, He knows us and everything about us. 

In the Gospels, we learn that God sent His Son, Jesus Christ to be the propitiation, the sacrifice for our transgressions.  By His death and resurrection, and through God’s grace, we are forgiven of our unrighteousness and given eternal life with Him in heaven.  God provided a way for sanctification because He so deeply loves us.  With this knowledge, that surpasses the knowledge of any man or woman, He knows you, better than you know you.  He decided that you were worth dying for, worth salvation.  He gives you value and worth, even when you don’t see it.

As the song above says: “you say I am loved, when I don’t feel a thing.  You say I am strong, when I think I am weak.  You say I am held, when I am falling short”  God is your strength and power when you are at your weakness.  He holds you high above anything mankind will say, because it is not based on your actions, but based on the you that He created.  Don’t misjudge the love of the Father, for it is unchanging, and forever there for you.


 

© Sondove Enterprises, 2019
For more Daily Thoughts go to: http://sondove.blogspot.com
If you would like to be added to the email distribution please click here: Daily Thoughts 

No comments:

Post a Comment