Wednesday, November 2, 2011

An Immeasurable Distance

Read It, Learn It, Live It, Share It
“But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.” – 2 Corinthians 12:9
“He did what?  Seriously.  Man he’s going straight to hell for that one.”
I overheard a man on the phone saying this.  It caused me to stop and think about how great our God is.  So many of us walk through this life harboring guilt, shame and feelings of unworthiness because of something we have done or something we have said in the past.  The bible is clear in Romans 3:23 – ”for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”  We are not alone in our acts of unrighteousness in this world.  But that alone does not condemn us. 


Do you believe that Jesus Christ lived?
Do you believe that Jesus Christ died on a cross as a sacrifice for mankind’s sin?
Do you believe that Jesus Christ rose again on the 3rd day to take away the sins of all mankind forever more?
Do you believe that Jesus Christ is your personal Savior and Lord?
If you answered yes to all of these questions, then why do you hold onto the feelings of unworthiness in life?  If you, like me, believe these to be true, then you must accept that His redeeming blood and the grace of God the Father is sufficient for any sin you have committed.  For if it is only sufficient for some of the sins, but not all; then it is insufficient for all.  Jesus didn’t die on a cross and rise from the grave so some of mankind’s sins could be forgiven.  If you are harboring guilt or shame over something in your past, do not hesitate another moment, but take it directly to the Lord for forgiveness.  Right this minute.

When I was a boy we used to take a rubber ball and bounce it off of the garage door.  The harder we threw it, the harder it would come right back at us.  Now take that same rubber ball, walk to the top of a hill and throw it as far as you can.  You will not see that ball again unless you go looking for it.  God’s word promises that your sins will be cast as far as the East is from the West (
Psalm 103:12).  The last time I looked at a map, this is an immeasurable distance.  Therefore your sins will never be thought of again, and no longer condemn you from the grace of our Lord.  You have to trust in the fullness of His grace and love, and upon forgiveness, repent and turn away from this sin.  Do not go looking for it once it has been cast away. 

Heavenly Father,
You are wonderful Lord, Holy and righteous.  Thank You for sending Your Son to die on a cross and bear the pain and suffering of my transgressions.  Thank You for Your loving grace that brings eternal peace and freedom to my life.  Help me to walk away from my sins and know that You have forgiven and forgotten them.  Give me strength and courage to avoid the temptation of these sins in the future.  In Jesus name I pray – Amen.

© Sondove Enterprises, 2011
For more Daily Thoughts go to:
http://www.10minutereader.com

No comments:

Post a Comment