Friday, April 20, 2012

Walk Tall


Read it, Learn It, Live It, Share It

“…for the LORD will go before you, the God of Israel will be your rear guard.” – Isaiah 52:12b

I recall playing football as a child.  I most enjoyed playing defensive linebacker (the middle of the defensive formation), but I also played on the offensive front line (blockers for the quarterback and running backs).  I think of these days from my youth and relate to the passage from Isaiah because of what my coach taught us in those days.  As linebacker, I had an entire defensive line in front of me.  They would take the immediate blow from the offensive line as the play commenced.  Their collisions with the offensive team would create openings where the person carrying the football would run through.  Then I was one on one with this runner.  I had the confidence of knowing that behind me were three other defensive backs that would quickly be there to aid and support my effort in tackling the runner.  I also knew that if he happened to get past me, they were there to stop him.  I could play my position with confidence, knowing that I had support in the front and support from behind.

The Lord is our strength when we are facing challenges in life.  We have the confidence in knowing that He is with us, and is greater than anything we will face.  It takes a faith and trust in His sovereignty and authority to find this comfort though, for without it fear will envelope one’s mind.  Knowing that there are testimonies of saints and there are men of valor that have fought for His kingdom, help me to know that I am not in this alone.  Men have died for this cause and carried their faith to their very last breath, to be rewarded with eternity in the presence of the Lord. 

The evil in this world though is very real.  Look around yourself and do not be naïve in thinking that it is just happenstance or random acts of violence.  The time is drawing near and the enemy is building an army of loyal subjects that have been drawn by the pride, arrogance and selfishness of worldly desires.  The Lord will guide your footsteps as you make your way through the valleys of life, but He is also protecting you from behind.  We are given this scripture as comfort that we are surrounded by His love, grace, power and strength.  He is our protector, comforter, guide and defender. 

In Isaiah 30:21 we are given a beautiful scripture to hold close, “Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”  Walking in the footsteps of our Savior, Jesus Christ provides confidence in knowing we are going the right direction.  Knowing that God is before us and our rear guard gives us the comfort of knowing nothing in this world can harm us.  This does not mean there will be no pain or suffering.  It means that we belong to God, and there is nothing the enemy can do to take that from you or I.  Taking our life will only bring us to the foot of God’s throne and an eternity of peace, joy and love.  This world is temporary, and we are walking in the grace of God Almighty.  Walk with confidence.

© Sondove Enterprises, 2012
For additional Daily Thoughts, please visit:
http://www.10minutereader.com

No comments:

Post a Comment