Monday, June 11, 2012

Life in the Fullest








Read It, Learn It, Live It, Share It with your friends

“For he says, “In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.”  I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.”                            – 2 Corinthians 6:2

Seventy seven years have come and gone.  Millions, if not billions of people have been influenced and lives have been changed.  There is no way to fully comprehend the impact made in this world, but it’s easily in the billions of lives, including Presidents, Princes, business leaders and paupers through books, radio, television and live events.  One small boy walked toward a stage and fifteen years later became the minister of a very large church, which in turn has touched millions of people.  What does it take to influence a 16 year old young man in such a dramatic way that he is willing to stop everything he’s doing and pursue a life for God?

William Graham, was this 16 year old boy when he decided that he would spend his entire life bringing people to the word of God.  At the age of 93, he’s still drawing people to the word of God on a daily basis through the internet and his writings.  I don’t mention this as a comparison against your life, but as a reminder that each of us are called to serve God in a way that is designed uniquely for us.  I mention this to demonstrate the incredible opportunity that God places before each of us, and ask simply “Why?”

Why did God make Himself known to you?  Was His intent to bring you to salvation alone, or was there a ripple effect that was anticipated upon your decision to follow Him?  I formally accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord at the age of 12 at Tecumseh First Baptist Church.  For thirty years I did nothing with the gift that was given to me.  People knew I was a Christian, but that’s as far as it went.  For five years now, I have heard the Lord telling me to write, draw and speak on His behalf.  I can’t help but ask myself, why did I waste thirty years, and how many thousands of people have not heard of Jesus Christ because of my negligence to follow Him.

I don’t know your life-story, but I do know you were saved for a purpose bigger than your personal salvation.  You are a part of God’s perfect plan of redemption and salvation as a follower of Jesus Christ.  How long are you going to sit on the sidelines, watching the game of life and death go by before you decide to step up and do something with for His Kingdom.  Today, is your day of reconciliation.  Decide how you are going to use what He has given you and do something about it.

Prayer:
Lord – thank you for your grace, love and mercy on my life.  Help me to see the opportunities that lie before me and to make use of the gifts you have given me.  Forgive my negligence and prideful ways, and guide me to the life you have designed for me.  In your name I pray – Amen.

© Sondove Enterprises, 2012
For more Daily Thoughts go to:
http://www.10minutereader.com

No comments:

Post a Comment