Wednesday, November 7, 2012

My Help Comes From the Lord




Read It, Learn It, Live It, Share It

“For I am the Lord your God, who upholds your right hand, Who says to you, ‘Do not fear, I will help you.” – Isaiah 41:13



“I’ve really done it this time.  There is no way to make this one go away and I’m quite certain I’ll hear about it as soon as I get home.  How could I have let it get out of hand, and how am I going to explain it to them.”  We’ve all been there at one point or another.  You have done something or let something happen that will cause major problems at home.  Perhaps an accident, perhaps a lost job, perhaps an affair, perhaps you’ve spent the savings or perhaps there is an addiction.  Whatever the circumstance, I’m sure there have been times when you’ve had to ask – “How will I explain this.”

You’re not alone.  Mankind is inherently prone to making mistakes.  Some are small and some are huge, but each of them will require an act of admitting it and then finding some level of corrective action.  Have you ever been in that position where you have no idea how something can be corrected though?   I have, more than once.  These times often represent your trek back to the word and throne of God Almighty.  As much as it hurts me to say, we often don’t turn to God until these times, which is highly unfortunate and often why we get into the situation in the first place.  After we’ve researched all of our knowledge base and experiences we then look to God for help.  He wants to be so much more than that though. 

God loves you more than you can ever measure and in that love, He has a deep compassion to abide with you and through you.  It is my belief that He sent the Holy Spirit to dwell within you to help you through life’s decisions and problems, not only when you are stuck, but proceeding the events that cause the problems.  A counselor (John 14:16), a comforter, a helper in times of need, and one who convicts us of our unrighteousness.  Seeking the counsel of the Holy Spirit daily will lead you to better decisions, in line with the plans of God the Father.  For when we seek Him, we will find Him; and if we are willing to listen and hear His counsel, He will straighten our paths and lead us safely along life’s journey.  In Hebrews 13:6, Paul writes “
so that we confidently say, "THE LORD IS MY HELPER, I WILL NOT BE AFRAID. WHAT WILL MAN DO TO ME?"”  This becomes our mandate, our strength to overcome those things we fear in life.  Accept this, and pursue God’s help to get through the situations you have found yourself in, but also seek His counsel to avoid those situations in the future.

             
© Sondove Enterprises, 2012
For an archive of Daily Thoughts go to: http://www.10minutereader.com

No comments:

Post a Comment