Monday, January 20, 2014

Living to Serve


Make 2014 a year of Sharing


“For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.” – Mark 10:45

For most people it takes a significant event in their life to realize that they are here for a much bigger purpose than they realize.  I hypothesize that when time has drawn to a close for your life, you will not want more stuff or a larger portfolio of investments, you will want your loved ones by your side and the opportunity to share with each of them how much you love them.  I still have faith that most people in the world have a dream of helping others, of being charitable and living a life that has an impact on this world.  Are you in that camp?

I sit here today and contemplate what have I done in my life that will have a lasting impact.  If I were struck terminally ill today, I have significant regrets for things I haven’t done.  I’m not talking about a bucket list of the wants and desires that would represent the extreme selfishness of my heart, but rather I am talking about the things that will influence generations to come and further God’s Kingdom on this earth. 

I am a self-proclaimed Christian.  I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord.  Yet, here before you today, I can confess that He is much more of a Savior to me than the Lord of my life.  Jesus Christ died so that I can be redeemed to the Father and spend eternity in heaven with Him.  He also died and was resurrected to be the Lord of my life.  I find myself a very selfish individual to take the goodness of salvation from Jesus Christ without giving back and expanding His Kingdom.  Perhaps you feel the same way.  Perhaps you are in the same situation and with all good intentions to help others and to live for Him, you are troubled with the burdens of life and the complexities of work, kids, school and bills.

It is this chaos, this self-created and accepted life of busyness that we have all become addicted too.  This week I will share from the heart on the steps I am going to take to break this habitual self centered lifestyle.  Do you want to join me?  If so, take step 1:
STEP 1:  Self Evaluation
- Imagine that you have no limitations on your life.  No financial restrictions, no job, no family, no responsibilities, no school, no illness and endless financial resources.  What would you do with the next year of your life?  Write those things down, don’t take the easy road and dream in your head, write it down on a piece of paper or two or however many it takes.

Do this tonight.  Make it a priority and spend the time to think about it, dream about it and think big.  Tomorrow I’ll share some items from my list and walk you through STEP 2.  I suggest that you make this a family event.  Forward this to your family members and friends, or invite them around the table and each make a list.  I promise you, this will be worth it.


© Sondove Enterprises, 2014
For more Daily Thoughts go to:
http://sondove.blogspot.com
If you would like to be added to the email distribution please click here: Daily Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment