Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Prioritizing is Painful


Make 2014 a year of Sharing


“And looking at them Jesus said to them, “With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” – Matthew 19:26


The second hand on the clock on the wall continues to move in a methodical manner as I weigh the impact of the life spent walking in these shoes.  We aren’t given this life to just make it through, cross the finish line and then kick back in heaven with John, Paul, Peter and the boys.  We are given this life to make a difference to those around us, to influence them with the same love, grace and salvation that we are experiencing.  Accepting Christ was the most important decision I have ever made in my life and it is something I must commit to every day.  As I reflect on the inventory of my life, I realize that it is all temporary from an eternal perspective. 

We measure time on a calendar, a watch or a smartphone; God measures time on an eternal scale.  The 80 years or possibly 100 that we have on this earth is but a mere fraction of an instant in the eternal window of time.  We think in terms of infinity being the largest number of measurement because we realize that once we start counting, there is no end to it.  Infinity is nothing but a blip on the eternal scale.  It’s impossible to grasp the extent of the word forever, because we are a human being with very little patience.  But, eternity is forever and forever; and the choices we make in this life will have an impact on that life.

We are born with an inherent righteousness of the Lord within us.  We are created for His good works and His purpose, planned long before the garden of Eden and the fall of mankind.  We are the embodiment of God’s holy church and called to fulfill that which was placed in us.  In contemplating this life and your impact on those around you, we must ask ourselves if we are furthering the Kingdom, or just making do.  As the last week has passed by, my mind has been on expanding my horizons and thinking bigger than the obvious.  Why should I put limits on what God can do?  He is the Almighty Creator of the universe and everything therein, what is there that He cannot accomplish through those of us willing to submit to His plan?  Nothing. 

With that in mind I began thinking of what I would do if I could get my mind past the obstacles that this world puts in my way.  No limitations, no responsibilities to anyone but God, nothing to stop me from living for Him completely – what would I do?
1.      Be in the Word non-stop, studying, memorizing
2.      Preach the Good News from every possible stage, corner, mountaintop around the globe
3.      Start a Christ based Sports Camp for the underprivileged children with big name coaches donating time and resources to helping put kids back on the right track.
4.      Create a Non-Profit organization to centralize and make available ministries from around the globe to educate others interested in ministry fields, and to provide help where needed.
5.      Use Social Media and Technology for God through virtual conferences, education, Webinars and online Bible Studies. 


These are just five of my thoughts on things I would like to do in His Kingdom.  Even here I am still limiting my vision to something I think can be achieved, which is well short of what God can actually do through me.  With this list in mind, the next step (STEP 2) is to capture your fears and what is stopping you from executing on these things.  Some will say it’s finances, others will say it is time, and for some it may be work, school or family commitments.  Regardless the issue, be honest and write it down.  This is not an easy step because it takes deep evaluation of your priorities in life.  It is very likely that you will not necessarily like what comes out of this STEP, but I promise you when we get to the end of the week you will be glad you have gone through this.  Tomorrow we will cover STEP 3 and creating the model of living a legacy.

© Sondove Enterprises, 2014
For more Daily Thoughts go to:
http://sondove.blogspot.com
If you would like to be added to the email distribution please click here: Daily Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment