Thursday, January 16, 2014

Your Help in Trouble Times



Make 2014 a year of Sharing


“For your ways are in full view of the Lord, and he examines all your paths.” – Proverbs 5:21

Aren’t you thankful for the Lord’s loving grace and forgiveness?  I sure am.  To realize that in my sin filled existence I am given the opportunity for redemption and reconciliation with the Lord is overwhelming at times.  The simple fact that I am incapable of living a sin-free life, and achieve the perfection required for eternity in heaven; I am holding onto my Lord, Jesus Christ, as my mediator and strength to overcome my weakness.  For it is only through this relationship that I am able to turn away from the sinful temptations that project themselves into my life each day.  By no means am I capable of resisting each, but it is a journey that the Holy Spirit is walking me through. 

For you see, despite the perception that Christians walk without sin or temptation, the truth is that we are struggling with it every single moment of every day.  The difference is that we have the realization that God is with us always and that every thought, every inclination and every action is known.  Whether you are in a room by yourself, or in a crowded bar, on a business trip far away from home or in a classroom with a hundred other students, your Creator is with you. 

We use the words Omnipotent (all-powerful), Omniscient (all knowing) and Omnipresent (ever present) to describe God the Father.  In my human intellect I can’t explain it to you, but I have complete faith and acceptance that He is all of these things.  Is God hovering over the earth like a layer of the atmosphere, or is God so large that the earth fits in the palm of His hand allowing Him to see it all at once?  Or is it as simple as the Holy Spirit dwelling within each of us, as a part of the triune God?  When Jesus was in the upper room with His disciples He told them,
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.” (John 14:26).  This I can wrap my head around.

The Holy Spirit lives within each of us.  You are never separated from Him and He is sent by the Father.  It is this truth that I hold onto and rely on when temptations arise in my life and unrighteous thoughts enter my mind.  For in the flesh we are weak and unable to control the sin in our lives, but in the Spirit we are mighty and strong, fully capable to overcome the evil in this world.  You will sin when you are in this world, because we give in to our flesh all too many times.  God is loving and forgiving, and the Holy Spirit is willing and capable of helping you overcome these as you intentionally choose to repent and turn from them.  The key is that you must want to turn away, and put it behind you.  The evil one in this world is not going to stop tempting you and trying to convince you that you have failed in God’s eyes.  That is His strength, lies, but your strength is greater – the truth of God with us, Immanuel.  Rest on that, and use it as your weapon against the evil in this world.  For nothing is greater than God’s love for you.




© Sondove Enterprises, 2014
For more Daily Thoughts go to:
http://sondove.blogspot.com
If you would like to be added to the email distribution please click here: Daily Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment