Monday, March 24, 2014

God’s Not Dead


Make 2014 a year of Sharing


“Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven. “But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven.” – Matthew 10:32-33

I saw a great movie over the weekend and came to realize that for the most part we are allowing the world to take our faith away from us little by little.  The movie is called “God’s Not Dead from Pure Flix Films.  It opened in 787 theaters on Friday night in the US and was the number 2 grossing film per theater for the weekend, compared to movies out of Hollywood which were shown in thousands of theaters, including Divergent and the Muppets.  I won’t go into details here about the movie because I believe each of you should find it in your local area this week and go.  Take a friend if you can, it’s the best $20 you could spend.  It has me thinking though, how would I defend the faith when faced with the extreme pressure as was the young college student portrayed in the movie.

We are all called to stand up for the truth of His grace and mercy.  That doesn’t mean we have to stand on street corners with a sign and scream at people, but it does mean we have to defend the faith when it is challenged.  Most often we find ourselves giving in to the pressure from society when our beliefs are challenged rather than taking a stand.  Human emotions get in the way of speaking His truth and we often times feel pressured to “fit in” or “just get along” so as not to offend those with an alternative opinion.  How many of you have friends that do not believe there is a God, yet alone that Jesus Christ is Savior and Lord?  Are you challenging their position on the truth from His word, or are you ignoring the situation?  If the later, what is it that keeps you from opening up this dialogue with them?  If you aren’t willing to take a stand for His truth in your interactions with them, then who is? 

You see, most of us don’t want to offend our friends or family, we just want to get along.  I get it, I’m the same way.  I make sure they know my position and then I leave it to them to pursue God, rather than pressing upon them my beliefs.  After all, it is the choice of every individual as to what they will do with this single question in life:  “Is Jesus Christ the Son of God?”  Those who say there is no God (Atheists), well, their answer is quite obvious, as is their destiny.  Those who say they believe there is a God, but have no faith in Jesus Christ as the single path to salvation, fits into a group that has been deceived by the devil in the world around them, very much like Adam and Eve were deceived in the Garden of Eden.  To believe in a supreme being, but not believe in His path for salvation means that the individual has bought into the lies of this world and has claimed their position against God and His plan of eternal peace.  It is that black and white, though we try to complicate it with shades of grey and soften the rules.  God has made it clear that there is one path to salvation and that is through His Son, Jesus Christ, the redeemer of mankind.  Matthew 10:32-33 tells us that our resistance to stand up for Him in this world will result in our eternal absence from Him in paradise.

I’m working on this myself, believe me, but I am committed to stand for my Savior in all opportunities that God places before me.  Eventually, I will become stronger and will pursue those opportunities to defend my faith in the eyes of this world.  It is a journey I am pursuing and I hope you will join me in doing the same.  Step out of that comfortable box of evangelizing to other believers and start actually spreading His word to those who need to hear it.  Be bold, confident and courageous in your endeavor though, because I can assure you, the enemy will be ever present in trying to stop your pursuit.  Trust in Him who was the Creator of it all, and press on in the fight.


© Sondove Enterprises, 2014
For more Daily Thoughts go to:
http://sondove.blogspot.com
If you would like to be added to the email distribution please click here: Daily Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment