Monday, April 28, 2014

Let Him Help You


Make 2014 a year for sharing


“Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.  See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”– Psalm 139:23-24






What was your very last thought before you began reading this Daily Thought?  Have you ever considered that every thought, those uttered and those kept silent are captured by the Holy Spirit within. When I think about God searching my heart and mind, I immediately think of all of the junk that I keep inside and the natural tendency is to quickly go through and clean it up in hopes that He won’t notice it.  What foolishness is this kind of thinking?  God knew those thoughts the moment they entered my mind and were captured in my heart.  It’s completely impossible for me to hide my thoughts, my feelings, my wickedness from the One who created me.

I think that is the key point of this prayer from King David.  Our human frailty is weak in avoiding temptations, dealing with anxiousness, worry and anger.  Yet we try to clean up our own mess as if we have the will power and strength of our own accord.  The Holy Spirit, is God living inside of you.  He has authority over all things, including the thoughts and actions of our heart and mind.  It’s not enough to uncover the unrighteousness, we must be able to eliminate it, so that when we look in the mirror every morning, it is His image we see.  The important thing to accept though is that you cannot eliminate this by yourself, you need God handling this for you.

Most people have a perception of God as someone who demands we be perfectly clean before we can approach Him.  The underlying truth is that God does demand perfection to enter into heaven, but the reality is that we cannot clean ourselves up enough to receive His acceptance.  We must rely on Him to clean us and work within us to obtain this perfection.  There is the catch 22.  He demands perfection, yet we can only become perfect when He is working in us. This is where the Holy Spirit enters into the picture as the comforter, the counselor and teacher.  We are saved by the blood of the lamb, Jesus Christ, and our sins are forgiven.  The Holy Spirit came upon you at your salvation and dwells inside of you as a constant reminder of God’s loving grace and redemption.  

That still small voice of right and wrong, convicting you of the wickedness that resides in each of us, and bringing you to the Lord for forgiveness.  The Holy Spirit, God within you, is the One by which your faith is strengthened and your path is made straight.  This is not of anything you have done, but Him working through you.  Oh certainly, you will have to take action and recognize your wickedness, but alone you cannot eliminate it.  Trust in God’s hand upon your life.  Believe that He is with you always and wants to help you clean out the dark corners of your heart.  Open your heart today with this prayer of David and allow the Holy Spirit to reveal the unrighteousness to you.  There is no guilt, no shame nor condemnation in the Lord.  He loves you, and through this love has provided the Holy Spirit for you to walk daily with.  

Prayer:
Heavenly Father
,
Thank You for providing redemption, salvation and reconciliation for Your children.  We look to the Holy Spirit as our guide and our counselor, the One to recognize our wickedness.  Help us to follow His lead and partake in Your loving grace.  Open my soul, and search me Lord.  Give me the strength to overcome my weakness, the thorn in my side, and to cleanse my heart.  I seek You as my righteousness and long to enter into Your perfect kingdom through the blood of Jesus Christ, my Savior.  In Your precious name I pray.  Amen


© Sondove Enterprises, 2014
For more Daily Thoughts go to: http://sondove.blogspot.com
If you would like to be added to the email distribution please click here: Daily Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment