Tuesday, June 24, 2014

I’m Hungry, Momma.



Make 2014 a year for sharing


“Give us this day our daily bread.” – Matthew 6:11




They are dying! Does anyone care?  Every year over 15 million children around the world die from hunger.  Since you began reading this, at least 9 children have died.  UNICEF statistics from the turn of the century stated as many as ¼ of the world’s population survive on less than $1 US/day.  The World Hunger organization reports that in 2010 the price index of food is at an all time high ~ 200% greater than the 2002-2004 average.  This is higher than the highest point during the 2008 economic recession.

Every day children all over the world are waking up hungry and going to bed hungry, with zero relief in between.  I am convinced this was not intended when these words left Jesus lips when he was teaching His disciples to pray.  We are here to serve one another and to serve the Lord in doing it.  His children are intended to be His feet on the street and help those in need with the compassion and love of God the Father.

God provides for everything we need in this life.  I propose that the “daily bread” referred to in Matthew 6 refers to everything essential we need each day.  This includes His Word, His love, His peace, comfort and compassion.  True nourishment comes from developing a stronger relationship with Jesus Christ.  When we rely upon Him we take on a new perspective to the daily problems in life.  When we realize that regardless of the pain, suffering and anguish we experience in any given day, Jesus Christ is with us and in us; we are made strong.  As our relationship grows; our compassion, love and desire to help others grows as well.  We begin displaying Him in everything we do, including helping others who are hurting.

We can allow ourselves to become overwhelmed with life’s busyness and completely miss the need.  Each day we must begin with a foundation of truth and strength from the Lord.  In time you will wake each day with pains, claiming I’m hungry and it won’t be food you desire but a richer word from the Lord.

Prayer:
Loving God,

All powerful and loving Father.  You have given me everything I need in this life.  Help me to recognize Your work in my daily walk, such that I can grow in my relationship with You.  I trust in Your promise to provide for all of my needs, and I strive to share that with others as well.  Forgive me for my weakness and my self-centeredness.  You alone are God and in You I cast my worries and fears.  In Your name I pray – Amen


© Sondove Enterprises, 2014
For more Daily Thoughts go to: http://sondove.blogspot.com
If you would like to be added to the email distribution please click here: Daily Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment