Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Mean It When You Say It

Make 2014 a year for sharing


“Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors.” – Matthew 6:12

Is it still bothering you?  You know that thing that happened with so and so, way back when.  Did you ever let it go or are you still carrying that pain and sorrow with you?  The power to move on in life is within your grasp, but you must first come to the place that allows you to forgive the person that has wronged you in the past.  Lewis Smedes once quoted, “You will know that forgiveness has begun when you recall those who hurt you and feel the power to wish them well.”

Every single day that you rise from your bed you will do something that is against the will of God.  Most likely you will do many things.  At the end of each day when you are lifting your prayers to heaven and asking for the Lord’s forgiveness and mercy, you are expecting Him to react.  Why is it important for you to feel that God has forgiven your sins?  It’s likely because there a feeling of release, a feeling of peace, a feeling of acceptance that accompany the mercy of the Lord.  Our sins are made righteous through the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ and our redemption is made whole once again.

Now, why do you want to forgive those that have hurt you or wronged you in any way?  I propose it’s for the same reasons.  Harboring anger, bitterness and resentment towards another creates a wall between you and God.  For you see, your heart and mind are filled with emotions that will be a constant reminder of the pain in your life.  Upon forgiving the other individual you have the ability to heal your heart and mind.  This is done by turning to the Lord for strength, comfort and the calming peace that the Father brings.  Accepting the fact that the Lord is in control of all things and will deal with justice in His own way is all powerful.  He sees all things, knows all things and He is not blind to this particular situation.  The pain you feel, He feels even more so, because you are His child.

When you lift your heart to the Lord in prayer, be sure to forgive those that have harmed you, and then lift your voice and tell your Heavenly Father, I’m sorry for the things I did against Your will today.

Prayer:
Almighty God,
I kneel before the maker of heaven and earth.  I lift my voice in worship and praise for Your name alone is glorious in this world.  I ask that You bring me peace within to forgive those that have wronged me Lord.  I lift them up and ask for Your forgiveness to fall upon them.  Lord, I have sinned against You today in my actions and words.  I ask for Your forgiveness of my unrighteousness and I ask for Your strength to help me turn from these ways.  In Your name we pray – Amen


© Sondove Enterprises, 2014
For more Daily Thoughts go to: http://sondove.blogspot.com
If you would like to be added to the email distribution please click here: Daily Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment