Monday, June 16, 2014

Time to Check Yourself

Make 2014 a year for sharing


“I will sing to the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.  Let my meditation be pleasing to Him; As for me, I shall be glad in the Lord” – Psalm 104: 33-34

Who is your God?
What is it you seek from Him today?
What are you doing to draw closer to Him?
Do you live for Him or do you live to pay your bills?
Is God real in your life?  If so, tell us, tell us what He is doing in your life.

Guilt, shame and embarrassment are examples of convictions you are placing upon yourself.  They do not come from God, but from your realization that it is not God that you are living for, but yourself.  If Jesus Christ were to take on the flesh of man again, and walk with you for one day would your life be different than it is?  Do you truly want to know God, or do you speak the words in a response to what you believe you are supposed to say?  I am not one to judge, no, that is the role of His Son upon judgment day.  Do you fear that day?

If you are not spending your day living for Him, what are you living for?  There are only two answers to that question.  You either live for Him and serving His purpose or you live for yourself.  There is no grey area. Living for Him is to seek Him each day, and hear His directions, His purpose, His desire and call upon your life.  Then upon hearing it, act.  Actions follow acceptance, acceptance follows admittance, admittance follows recognition and recognition follows the desire in your heart to want more.  We are all addicted to something in this life: money, popularity, power, drugs, sex, alcohol, material possessions or fear; and all are self righteous.  When we are addicted to something of this world we are separated from His presence. 

Search my soul oh Lord and find that which separates me from You.  Press it upon my heart to eliminate the distractions of this world and to present myself open and ready to serve you my Lord.  Break the binds of the evil one such that my life might be dedicated to serving You without walls, for only You are worthy to be praised.  All other praise is for naught if not meant to glorify You and the Son.  Convict us Holy Spirit that we might see the truth, and then counsel us on overcoming this world by serving the One True God.



© Sondove Enterprises, 2014
For more Daily Thoughts go to: http://sondove.blogspot.com
If you would like to be added to the email distribution please click here: Daily Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment