Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Shame Revealed




Read It, Learn It, Live It, Share It

“…Therefore I tell you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven—for she loved much. But he who is forgiven little, loves little.” And he said to her, “Your sins are forgiven." – Luke 7:47-48

I hear you call me in the midst of my fear.  Calling to me “Child, come to Me.”  Why am I left all alone here to fend off these demons within my soul?  I am blind to Your glory and I am weakened from the fight.  Lift me up oh Lord, and help me to fight another day for Your grace, for Your mercy and love.  I do not know where the world is taking me, and I don’t want to go.  I want to follow Your word, Your path and live within Your purpose for me, yet I cry out in angst and sorrow with the bittersweet pain of falling short of who You called me to be.  Why are these chains wrapped around my heart so tightly, and what has happened to the key?  For where I am, I do not want You to go.  The shame and guilt rises up as You search my soul, and open the doors despite my plea.  Falling to my face I cry out for Your leniency and forgiveness.  Turning my back I try to run from the place where You have carried me to, but my feet resist and I look up into Your eyes.  I see the unrighteousness being consumed by Your spirit for my sake and my heart washed clean once again.  I fall into Your arms, crushed, redeemed and forgiven, for the scars upon Your back are deep with the burdens of my careless and selfishness.

Your love for me is unquestionable, and never ending.  You stand in my unrighteousness and present me worthy of God’s love.  You are my Savior and my Lord.  Help strengthen me to become more like You and less like them Lord.


             
© Sondove Enterprises, 2013
For more Daily Thoughts go to:
http://sondove.blogspot.com
If you would like to be added to the email distribution please click here: Daily Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment