Friday, May 17, 2013

Discovering Peace



Read It, Learn It, Live It, Share It


“Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand.” – Romans 5:1-2

Sometimes, faith is all you have to hold on to. There are those days when life just doesn't make sense and we must fully embrace His sovereignty and grace.  The realization that everything we have in this life is temporary and that it can all be lost in an instant causes one to stop and reflect on the important things in life.  Love, family, friends and above all else my relationship with Jesus Christ.  There are unanswered questions, and there always will be.  Why did this happen, why do bad things happen, why did I lose my job, why did he get cancer, why did she leave me?  These are the times I fall back on my faith, and push aside the demands for answers to my questions, and trust that God is in control and can get me through the difficulties that come along my path in life.

I try to remain focused on the end game.  This life albeit full of strife and obstacles and rich blessings is also very temporary.  I am determined to push past the pains and live for the glory of God Almighty.  His plan is always perfect, and is not dependent upon meeting my objections in life.  I need to continue to align my life to His expectations and pursue His purpose, allowing the Holy Spirit to work within me and through me in this life, for as long as He allows me to.  I’ve accepted that He loves me and will deliver upon his promise of eternal life with Him one day.  To quote a song:
“The sun comes up, it’s a new day dawning
Time to sing your songs again
Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me…
Let me be singing when the evening comes.
Bless the Lord oh my soul . . . Ohhh my soul
Worship His holy name.”  - Matt Redmann (10000 Reasons)

Trust in His sovereignty and His love for you.  He will carry you through your pains and problems.  When you are weak He is strong.  Be blessed my friends.


             
© Sondove Enterprises, 2013
For more Daily Thoughts go to:
http://sondove.blogspot.com
If you would like to be added to the email distribution please click here: Daily Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment