Friday, February 2, 2018

37 Days – Discouragement Must Fall


Pastor Randy’s devotional:
He gives strength to those who are tired; to the ones who lack power, he gives renewed energy. Even youths get tired and weary; even strong young men clumsily stumble. But those who wait for the Lord’s help find renewed strength; they rise up as if they had eagles’ wings, they run without growing weary, they walk without getting tired. Isaiah 40:29-31

January 28th  Prayer:
Lord, I thank You today that You renew my courage when I’m running low. You refresh my faith when I’m faith-fatigued. Lord I believe. Help my unbelief. Thank You that You don’t shame me for getting tired and weary. You renew my strength like an eagle and give me fresh courage for discouragement. I will wait upon You in worship today as You renew my hope, faith and courage. . . in Jesus’ name!

(Name the areas where you feel discouraged today.)




My thoughts:
One of my favorite scriptures as a younger man trying to press on in life.  To do lists, work projects, bills, family time, social time and staying on top of my Christian walk – it all adds up and often times becomes overwhelming. 

When I visited Israel for the first time back in 2001 (summer before 9-11) I recall driving through the countryside near Gilgal and En Gedi.  Our tour guide, Avi, motioned out into the mountainside to observe the rock formation rising from the parched land.  These rocks were in the perfect shape of Eagles wings, creating a perfect shadow in the shape of a soaring eagle covered the caves etched into the side of the mountain.  Can you imagine the time that David hid in those caves of En Gedi?  He had to be tired, weary and questioning his strength to carry on.  Saul was on the hunt for him, and he was on the run.  Yet, he found strength in the Lord to rise from that cave and sneak into Saul’s camp one night, and while Saul slept, David tore a piece from his clothing.  He then used this to demonstrate to Saul that he had no intention of harming him, for he could have the night before while he slept.

The Lord will provide the strength and lift you up when you think you can’t stand again.  An eagle can soar up to 2 miles in the air, (highest known flight), with grace, beauty and power.  When Isaiah mentions soaring on wings of eagles, he is bringing this image into the hearts of those who are struggling in their walk of faith.  Today we can be filled with this image as well, the image of a strong, confident, powerful and graceful eagle soaring through the sky without tiring and rising to heights that the Lord brings us to.

Be Blessed,
Rich

Join us on Facebook @ 10 Minute Reader Daily Thoughts or on Twitter @Sondove
If you would like to be added to the email distribution, please send an email here.
More information on The Crossing Church can be found here: FB: @thecrossing.cc;
www.thecrossing.cc

No comments:

Post a Comment