Tuesday, February 6, 2018

37 Days – A Promise of Peace


Pastor Randy’s devotional:
“I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.” John 14:27

January 30th Prayer:
Lord Jesus, circumstances, worries, and fears are all the giants standing on my promised land of peace. I receive my promise today and I speak peace over my life . . . my family. . . my finances . . . my children. I speak to the thought storms . . . stress storms . . . relationship storms . . . emotional storms: “Peace, and be still!” Thank You for promising me peace today. I know that He who promised peace is faithful! In Jesus’ name!



My thoughts:
In these troubling times, how can we find peace of mind and heart?  I look around and see anger, frustration, hatred, greed and envy.  The rapid pace of the daily life often times gets the best of me and I find myself chasing the problems in this world rather than pursuing the peace that is promised in the scriptures.  Are there people in this world that live in joy, happiness, hope and humility?  Absolutely, and it is those individuals that have found the peace found in God alone.

People are searching for peace.  It’s been going on for centuries and yet we still find ourselves seeking, longing and striving in our quest.  Each day, I hear of the anger people have for one another because of our difference of opinion, because of our skin color, because of our gender or because someone has made different choices in life.  The media frustrates me, it brings out the worst in people and propagates the message of separation in society.  When analyzed this message, this philosophy stems from a philosophy of self-centeredness, self-interests and hierarchical goodness, rather than equality and humility. 

By looking at the world around us, we cannot find peace.  By looking at our own life experience and choices, we cannot find peace.  By looking at celebrities, sports heros, musicians, politicians or successful executives, we see the image they want us to see, but here again, we won’t find peace through them.  Jesus Christ came to this world and gave us a way of salvation, and a path to righteousness so that we may enter into eternity and find peace with God the Father. 

In observing and studying His life and His purpose, we can find peace.  The peace is not around us though, the peace is in knowing that this is nothing more than a micro-dot on an infinitely long timeline.  Peace comes when we stand before the Lord and enter into His Kingdom.  No fear, no anger, no judgement, no jealousy, no self-desire, no envy, guilt or hatred – only love – perfect love for the Father and all others.

Be Blessed,
Rich

Join us on Facebook @ 10 Minute Reader Daily Thoughts or on Twitter @Sondove
If you would like to be added to the email distribution, please send an email here.
More information on The Crossing Church can be found here: FB: @thecrossing.cc;
www.thecrossing.cc

No comments:

Post a Comment