Saturday, February 10, 2018

37 Days – A Promise of Heaven


Pastor Randy’s devotional:
Jesus said, “Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust in me. There are many rooms in my Father’s house; I would not tell you this if it were not true. I am going there to prepare a place for you. After I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me so that you may be where I am. John 14:1-4

February 4th Prayer:
Jesus, you have prepared a place for me that is more wonderful than I can imagine. In Your presence is fullness of joy and at Your right hand are pleasures for evermore (Psalm 16:11). When fear of death tries to cripple me and discourage me, I will trust in Your promise of a more wonderful place than earth. I am so excited to see You in heaven. And yet, it brings me joy and peace on this earth knowing that I will live eternally with You in a wonderful, beautiful place. I love this earth that You’ve made and consider it glorious. I can only imagine how much better our eternal home will be. Thank You, Jesus!

My thoughts:
Look around your surroundings.  Yes, right now, just look around.  Do you see furniture, electronics, food, animals, family members; perhaps outside of a window - trees, grass, snow, and bushes; perhaps on the road – cars, buses, bicycles, people walking or running?  Now imagine one day sitting in heaven and looking around yourself. What might you see?  Jesus, Paul, Abraham, Moses, Peter, John, Mary.  Perhaps your parents, grandparents, siblings and family.  Perhaps your friends, co-workers or people from church.  Do you see trees, grass, bushes, electronics, furniture, cars, buses or bicycles?  Are there sports stadiums, golf courses, fitness gyms, airports, office buildings, shopping malls, bars, movie theaters?  What about poverty housing, projects, drug houses, strip clubs, brothels, dark alleys or war zones?

Can you decipher the heavenly places from the earthly places?  There are obvious ones which aren’t likely to be in heaven, yet are very common here on earth.  If these are so obviously wrong from God’s Kingdom view, why are we even entertaining the idea and considering participating in such things.  You see, inherently you know what is “of God” and what is not.  Jesus tells us He will prepare a place for you in His Father’s Kingdom and then come back to take you there.  Can we not be patient in our waiting to join with Him at the appropriate time?

Choose wisely my friends.  Choose spiritually, that which is of God and resist that which is not of God for in the end, your treasure is in heaven, not here on this earth.

Be Blessed,
Rich

Join us on Facebook @ 10 Minute Reader Daily Thoughts or on Twitter @Sondove
If you would like to be added to the email distribution, please send an email here.
More information on The Crossing Church can be found here: FB: @thecrossing.cc;
www.thecrossing.cc

No comments:

Post a Comment