Monday, February 26, 2018

It’s a Forever Kind of Thing




“For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”   Romans 8:38-39

My thoughts:
“Give thanks to the Lord our God and King
His Love endures forever
For He is good, He is above all things
His Love endures forever”  
- Chris Tomlin, Forever, 2001 ©

Today is a good day, but there have certainly been bad ones along the way.  Each day the alarm goes off and my feet swing from under the covers to land on the cold floor.  I am reminded that the Lord is still in control and His love will never fade away.  Despite the pain, the fears and the uncertainty that lie ahead of me on this day, my faith is not shaken.  Because for the next 24 hours, the Lord has blessed me once again to rise from this bed and serve Him with my words and actions.

There will come a day when I will not be so blessed as I am today.  When I will not be able to swing my legs from the bed and stand.  When my mind will not be so clear, and my body not so capable.  There will come a day when fear so grips me, or the pain and sadness overwhelms me to such a degree that I just want to stay under these covers and avoid all human contact.  There will be days when I am so angered at those around me or my circumstances that the hatred can consume my thoughts.  You see, each and every day is unique in the challenges that will face us, but one thing is constant – God’s love doesn’t change.

His word promises that nothing can separate us – not physical ailments, not fear, not anger, not pain or sadness.  We may not immediately see His love, but we can trust that it’s there none the less.  He will not turn from us.  If we are feeling the loneliness of missing God the Father, it is we who have turned from Him.  This can only be reconciled by repenting and turning back to His love and grace.  So, whatever it is that keeps you from His loving arms today, turn from it; turn from the pain, the fear, the anger, the sadness, the depression, the pride and come back to the realization that this day belongs to Him, and your purpose is to share His love with those around you.


Be Blessed,

Rich

 

Join us on Facebook @ 10 Minute Reader Daily Thoughts or on Twitter @Sondove
If you would like to be added to the email distribution, please
send an email here.

No comments:

Post a Comment