Saturday, June 25, 2011

2 Simple Words - I'm Sorry

“Can anyone hide in secret places so that I cannot see him?” declares the LORD. “Do not I fill heaven and earth?” declares the LORD.” – Jeremiah 23:24

There was a loud crash from the other room.  I stood up from my chair and made my way down the hallway and into the room where the noise had come from.  I knew she had been in there playing and I was very concerned that she had been hurt.  As I walked into the room the book shelf was on it’s side and all of the books scattered across the floor.  She was standing facing the wall with her hands over her face and keeping perfectly still.  Her 3 year old body was so small and compact.  I called out to her to see if she was okay.  She closed her shoulders even more and pretended not to hear me.  In her little mind, if she couldn’t see me, than I couldn’t see her.  I walked up behind her, knelt down and wrapped my arms around her little body.  I felt her tense up as I touched her, then I whispered in her ear, “I love you, did you get hurt?”  Immediately her body relaxed and she lowered her hands.  She turned around and looking up said, “I sawwy Daddy, it was an accident”

We all walk through life as if God is not aware of every move we make.  He is omnipresent by nature and intimately aware of every single move we make.  Every word, every thought, every action are all within His domain.  Can you think of one place you could go, where God is not?  When you were young, you may have snuck out at night to go hang out with some friends.  You may have hidden behind the barn or school to do something you shouldn’t have done.  You may be sneaking around now engaged in activities that you know are wrong.  You might be hiding these things from those around you; your loved ones, your friends and family; but are you trying to convince yourself that God is not aware of it?

We are all born into sin and have a natural propensity towards unrighteousness.  God, full of grace and mercy, knows this above all things.  This is why He provided the sacrifice for our sins – His son Jesus Christ.  The perfect lamb of God, died and was risen from the grave in order to take away the sins of man forever more.  You are a blessed child of God Almighty, and His grace is sufficient for anything you have done wrong.  Don’t hide your face from Him, but rather embrace Him and tell Him you’re sorry.  

Prayer:
Loving Father
,
You are awesome in Your works, grace and mercy.  I rest in knowing that You have forgiven me for my unrighteousness and wrong doings.  I once again kneel before You, asking for You to cleanse my spirit and fill me with Your Holy Spirit once again.  I long to do Your will in my life and share Your glory with others.  In Your name we pray – Amen
http://www.10minutereader.com
©Sondove Enterprises, 2011

1 comment:

  1. Amen Brother! What a relief to know that we are always loved by the Father and and to express that kind of love to others :)

    ReplyDelete