Saturday, June 11, 2011

21st Century Psalms – Hands and Feet

I want to be Your hands
I want to be Your feet
I’ll go where You send me
and I’ll try to touch the world
liked You’ve touched me
and I’ll find my way
          
                              
- Hands and Feet by Audio Adrenaline – 2001 “Underdog”

  Walking along the streets of Singapore in the middle of November, I was listening to music from my MP3 player (IPOD’s hadn’t come out yet).  As the song Hands and Feet started playing I was caught up in the realization that God has put us on this earth for this reason alone.  To Love Him with everything we have and to draw others into that same relationship.  In November, in Singapore, it is still quite warm, but the Christmas lights and displays are up none the less. 

Along Orchard Street (the main shopping area) I stood next to a group of small children trying to catch the small faux snowflakes coming from a machine.  It would go off about every 15 minutes or so.  Dressed in my suit still after presenting to customers during the day, I asked myself; “What would Jesus Do?”   Yeah, I know it’s cliché, but I really did ask myself that.  So I did what any 40 something executive would do.  I set my briefcase down and started catching snowflakes and laughing with the lil kids.  Within a few minutes other adults started joining as well rather than watching from the sides.  Then it all stopped and the Christmas music began playing again.  Kids and adults alike took a moment to enjoy a simple pleasure in life together, and found joy.

God is asking us to give everything to Him and be His disciples on this earth.  That doesn’t mean you have to become a minister, preacher or evangelist; it simply means you have to represent Jesus Christ in your decisions, your actions and your words.  Love, serve, share and laugh with your fellow man; after all God is Love.  Jesus actually prayed for your ministry in this world (
John 17:20-26).  In John 17:23 though Jesus prays for you to share God’s love with the world; “to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me”  Take every opportunity to reach this world with God’s love and be His hands and feet in all that you do.

Prayer:
Loving Father
,
I kneel before Your holiness and give all glory and honor to You.  Forgive me for my selfishness and help me to reach others for You.  Fill me with the words, the love and the compassion for all that I meet, that they might see You and Your love through me.   In Your name we pray – Amen

http://www.10minutereader.com
©Sondove Enterprises, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment