Wednesday, June 15, 2011

21st Century Psalms - I Know You

I find myself just living for today
‘Cause I don’t know what tomorrow’s
going to bring
So no matter if I rise or fall
I’ll never be alone, oh no…
Nothing compares to the
Greatness of knowing You, Lord
                         - Nothing Compares by Third Day – 2003 “Come Together”

We have seen a world that has dramatically changed in the last 8 years since Third Day came out with this song.  Hurricanes, tsunamis, tornadoes and earthquakes have ravaged the spirit of God’s people on this earth.  The stock markets have climbed to heights never before experienced and then crashed, taking millions if not billions out of the hands of God’s people.  Through drugs, sex, greed, pride, selfishness and a declining moral fabric, sin abounds amongst God’s people.  Every one of us have struggles and burdens that we carry with us each and every day, trying to solve the problems on our own.

Just as Paul wrote in Philippians 3:8; “I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord”, there is nothing in your life that can be compared to the love, peace and grace given by knowing Jesus Christ.  There is no amount of riches that can be compared to His love.  There is no amount of good service that you can do that can make Him love you more than He already does. 

Isaiah wrote in Isaiah 40:18; “To whom, then, will you compare God? What image will you compare him to?”  We walk this earth trying to describe and understand God based on things we see, touch and feel.  He is indescribable in earthly terms.  This is why He sent His Son, as a man to walk amongst us and teach us of His kingdom.  If you look to your left and look to your right you will not find God, for He is not of the world, His Kingdom is above ours.  God is within you.  His Holy Spirit resides in your heart and longs for you to find your way back to knowing Him.
Prayer:
Heavenly Father
,
You are above all things, mighty in works, and beyond comprehension in loving me.  I do not deserve it, but You love me anyway.  I knowingly turn my back on You, but you love me anyway.  Your grace and mercy fall upon me despite my unrighteousness and lift me up when I am weak.  Truly there is nothing that compares to knowing You as my Savior and Lord.  In Your name we pray – Amen

http://www.10minutereader.com
©Sondove Enterprises, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment