Friday, June 24, 2011

Experience the Glory

“But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.” – 2 Thessalonians 3:3
Notice how this scripture doesn’t say, “Because you are faithful”.  Let’s face it, most people are not faithful to God.  Over 50% of the world’s population would say they do not believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God.  Many would say there is no such thing as God and that it is simply the fabrication of man’s inability to cope with the unexplainable things in life.  If our ability to draw upon God’s love, protection and strength were solely dependent on our faith in Him, none of us would stand a chance.  Even the faith of the most devout amongst us cannot stop the evil one in this world.

First, we must acknowledge that God is Sovereign in heaven and upon earth.  He is supreme over all things, and every knee will bow before His throne (
Isaiah 45:23, Romans 14:11).  No one is exempt from the authority of God the Father, not even Satan himself.  Having said this, Satan is allowed, within God’s Sovereignty, to roam the earth these days and bring death, destruction and unrighteousness.  We can ask the questions all day long on why God would allow for this to happen, but consider who you are asking the question of.

Do I really have the authority to ask anything of the Father?  Just because I lack the ability to wrap my head around His grand plan for all mankind, doesn’t mean that I have the right to demand an answer.  Understand, this is not a democracy.  He is God, I am not.  Although, I have an opinion based on my limited knowledge and finite capabilities, He knows all and sees all.  He has given mankind free reign to decide their path in life, even though He has a plan for each and every one of us.  My inability to follow His plan demonstrates a lack of faith in Him as my Sovereign Lord.  I love Him, I trust Him and believe in His Son Jesus Christ as my Savior, but still lack the faith to actually follow Him. 

 The Lord is faithful though.  He is faithful to His promises throughout the scriptures.  His promise of salvation is made to you and to me, and He will be faithful in providing it.  On this earth though we will face the evil one, through trials, temptations, addictions, pride, arrogance, selfishness, . . . and so on.  To overcome the evil one in this world, requires a continuing daily commitment to the Sovereign Lord of All.  The closer we get to the Almighty, the stronger we become in our ability to fend off the evil one.  This doesn’t mean that we won’t face problems, or tragedies in life.  He never promised that.  He promised protection and strength from the evil one (not from evil).  I propose that this protection is an end of world statement more so than a day to day event.  Satan can cause enormous pain and suffering in our daily lives, but through a strong faith and trust in God the Father, he cannot take our salvation.  Eternity will last forever; ”to infinity and beyond” (to quote Buzz Lightyear) and we will spend it in one of two places: 1) in heaven with God the Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit; or 2) in the pits of hell with the Prince of Darkness.  God is strengthening me and protecting me daily to abide in Him and He in me, so upon my death I will experience all the glory of His kingdom.

Prayer:
Almighty God
,
I look to You for my strength and resolve in dealing with pain, suffering and temptation in this life.  I hold true to Your faithfulness to keep Your promises and defeat the evil one on the last day.  Strengthen me daily Lord to do Your work and to be a light to others.  In Your name I pray – Amen
http://www.10minutereader.com
©Sondove Enterprises, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment