Tuesday, July 19, 2011

His Right Hand

“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” – Isaiah 41:10
Is anything more powerful than God?  The One who created all things and brought forth the lamb of salvation, so that all may enter into His grace.  What is it that He is unaware of in our life that we should be so fearful?  Nothing can separate you from the grace of God, other than your choice to refuse it.  The promise of eternity is real for those who proclaim Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.  With knowledge of this truth, is there anything at all in this world to be afraid of?

After his conversion on the road to Damascus, Paul matured in his faith over many years.  It didn’t happen overnight and without significant struggles and trials along the way.  Consider all of the nights he was imprisoned, taken before rulers, and authorities to have his very life threatened.  Consider being pursued by Roman soldiers and Jewish mobs because of your beliefs.  Eventually, after many years of ministry Paul wrote in a letter to those in Philippi (
Phil 1:20-21) – “I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death.  For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.”  This is the maturity in Christ that we should all be seeking.

Holding on to this truth of eternal life with God the Father and Jesus Christ should drive everything we do.  This strong faith and trust in God cannot be shaken by daily trials, temptations and struggles.  There are times when we are weak in our humanity and easily influenced when bad things happen.  It is at these times we must rely on the strength of the Lord’s promise.  Come to realize that the worst thing that can happen on this earth is death, and even then we are blessed with eternal life in Him.  I strive to find the strength of Paul, if I am given another day of life on this earth I want to spend it living for Christ, and one day I will not have life, but will be forever more living with Christ.
Prayer:
Heavenly Father,
Strengthen me Lord when I am weak and afraid.  Be my comfort and counselor in times of trouble, and provide me the assurance that You are above all things and in control.  Help me to live each day to the fullest in Your grace and wisdom, that others may be touched along my path.  In Your name I pray – Amen
http://www.10minutereader.com
©Sondove Enterprises, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment