Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I said Nothing

“For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,  neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”  – Romans 8:38-39
(c) Richard Palmer, Sondove Enterprises
Continuing along the thread of finding my purpose in life, I wanted to touch on the issue of worthiness.  An unbelievable number of people have been convinced by others or by the devil himself that God will not accept you because of . . . . . . {you fill in the blank}.  As for me, I choose to leave the blank empty and trust in Romans 8:38-39.

Have you ever considered the total number of sins that could be identified?  It must be in the tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands.  Every curse word, every thought, every jealous action, every lust, every addiction and so on.  You can see that the list would get very long very quickly.  Now that you have a vision or a thought of how lengthy that list is, I want you to sort it and put the worst sin at the top and the least sinful act at the bottom.  Could you?  Is it even conceivable to rank sins against one another and say, “this one is worse than that” or “well at least I didn’t do that”? 

Regardless of how you ranked them, and the accuracy by which you believe you have crafted this list, it’s important that you recognize this one fact: You don’t have that authority.  It is not your job or right to determine which sin is greater than another.  Does God have a ranking system?  I don’t know.  What I do know is that Jesus Christ blood is sufficient for all sin, and that by accepting that He died for me, mine are forgiven.  All of them.  Every single one.  You see, if a drop of blood is sufficient for just a handful of sins, but not all of them, than it’s not a sufficient sacrifice for any of them.  I am not about to put a limit on what Jesus can or cannot redeem.  As the Son of God Almighty and the sovereign God of the Universe, who can challenge His authority on any matter? 

There is nothing that can separate you from the love of God the Father and His grace through the redeeming death of His one and only Son.  Many feel guilty for things they have done or said or thought.  Some will even say, “But you don’t understand, there is no way God can love me after what I have done.”   I believe God’s answer is, “I said nothing can separate my love from my children.”  You must grab a hold of this scripture and decide to believe it.  Get past the thing that is keeping you from serving God.  Quit with the excuses and realize that He loves you despite how unbelievable your past has been.  Once you realize this, then you can begin to understand what He wants you to do in life.

Prayer:
Heavenly Father,
I trust in Your word, it’s truth and promise for eternity.  I have sinned against You in unbelievable ways, and for that I am truly sorry.  I ask for Your forgiveness and mercy on my soul, and I trust in Your grace that I am redeemed and given new life in Christ Jesus.  In Your name I pray – Amen
http://www.10minutereader.com
©Sondove Enterprises, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment