Friday, July 22, 2011

Take a Breath

“What will I do when God confronts me?
   What will I answer when called to account?” – Job 31:14

Life is given and then it is taken away.  It is not cyclical but linear in nature, as with everything there is a beginning and there is an end.  You have no control over the beginning.  You were conceived without any effort on your part.  You were given life at conception, formed in your mother’s womb and given breath at birth.  Every breath since that day has been accounted for and calculated on a linear timeline.  It is not something you can recapture once it has left your lips. One day it will be complete and breath will no longer pass over your lips, and on that day there will be a reckoning.

Daniel gives us a very good visual of the judgment day in
Daniel 7:9-10.  The Lord seated upon His throne, opening the books.  As you stand before the Lord and you are asked, “Why should I let you into My perfect heaven?”, what will you say?  Do you truly believe in that day that your actions in life are hidden from God Almighty?  Every breath is recorded, do you not also believe that every action is known?  We are all guilty of unrighteousness and sin in life, for not one is worthy of heaven’s riches.  There is nothing you can say to excuse your sinful nature and your reckless lifestyle.  If this is the case, than who is worthy of entering God’s perfect heaven?

On that day, I will stand ashamed before the Lord.  Ashamed of my transgressions, disobedience and unrighteous behavior throughout my entire life. But, I envision that standing right next to me will be only One who is worthy of the Father’s Kingdom.  I can picture in my mind, Jesus Christ, standing by my side and lifting His eyes to the Lord with these words, “Father, this one is worthy because of My sacrifice.  His sins are forgiven.”  You see, Jesus Christ was not just a prophet, He was not just a nice guy, He was not just a miracle worker, He was not just a teacher, preacher and rabbi, He was not just an example of God’s love and mercy, He was not just another man with a plan.  No, Jesus Christ was and still is to this day, the Savior, the Lord, the Lamb of God.  By no other means will your life be deemed worthy of entry into God’s perfect Kingdom, than by calling upon the name of Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. 

It’s not recorded in the scriptures to fill white space, it is recorded so that you might have eternal peace with God the Father.  You have no idea how many breaths you have left in this life.  You don’t count them on a daily basis, but He does.  You cannot defy death, and you will be held accountable for your actions.  He is your only chance at salvation, this is the truth of the Bible.
Prayer:
Heavenly Father,
Thank You for sending Your Son to take on the sins of the world.  Thank You for providing a path of salvation for me to enter into heaven one day.  I have lived a sin-filled life and despite my desperate attempts to live within Your commandments, I am unable.  I recognize that I do not deserve heaven, but by Your grace, through Jesus Christ alone I can receive it.  In Your name I pray – Amen
http://www.10minutereader.com
©Sondove Enterprises, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment